An international standard for quality, safety, and processes is set by the Food Safety Management System (FSMS) known as ISO 22000. To ensure food safety along the entire supply chain, prevent food hazards, and limiting food contamination, it combines and expands on the basic elements of ISO 9001 and HACCP.
Describe ISO 22000 Audit
External auditors conduct an ISO 22000 audit to assess your company's suitability for certification. It is done to evaluate how well the company complies with:
- Applicable statutory and regulatory standards for food safety;
- Risk management and remedial measures;
- Programs for a clean and safe environment; and
- Leadership and management structures.
What is Exact ISO 22000 Checklist?
To prepare for, implement, and evaluate Food Safety Management Systems (FSMS), one can use an ISO 22000 checklist. As a last step in the internal audit and self-evaluation processes, it can be used to get certified as an external auditor. Worldwide, Food Safety Management Systems (FSMS) are implemented and evaluated for effectiveness using ISO 22000 Audit Checklists in compliance with ISO 22000:2018 standard standards. The ISO 22000: 2018 standard outlines the specifications for a food safety management system. A food chain organization can use it to plan, implement, run, manage, and upgrade an FSMS.
What is Provided in an ISO 22000 Checklist?
An ISO 22000 checklist should be able to include the evaluation of the following clauses to determine whether your Food Safety Management System complied with ISO 22000 standards:
Clause 4: System for Managing Food Safety
Clause 5: Management Responsibility
Clause 6: Resource Management
Clause 7: Planned and Produced Safe Products
Clause 8: FSMS Validation, Verification, and Improvement
The Use of ISO 22000 Audit Checklist in Implementing FSMS
To guarantee that safe food handling procedures are followed inside the organization, the ISO 22000 audit checklist that provide guidelines to mandate the implementation and maintenance of a food safety management system.
While auditing food safety management system an ISO 22000 audit checklist confirms the documentation and record keeping are given special attention. It will get it done to make sure that all actions required for food safety are adequately planned before they are carried out, strictly controlled while they are being carried out, and completely evaluated for efficacy once they are completed. While auditing ISO 22000 system, following Documentation and record-keeping for food safety should verify:
- Preventive programs to reduce the risk of food contamination and an unhygienic environment in the infrastructure and workplace (PRP = prerequisite programs).
- The HACCP plan recognises, evaluates, and controls biological, chemical, and physical hazards that could arise during the production and manufacturing of food by the company and by other organizations.
- Food safety system management, which can be used to implement a company's overall strategy. Both the requirements of the HACCP standard and the process-oriented approach of ISO 9001 must be integrated into the management system.
Extensive documentation, record-keeping, and internal communication are required for ISO 22000 certification and continuing compliance. For auditors, conventional pen-and-paper writing is a hassle. To manually compile an audit report, ISO 22000 audit data must first be captured in writing and then entered again into a computer. For ISO 22000 certification, selecting digital technology guarantees a smooth procedure. Processes for addressing concerns food safety can also be streamlined.