The QuickBooks payroll function is one of the most used features of the application. The QuickBooks Error 12007 occurs while downloading the latest payroll release. As we know, like any other software, QuickBooks and the payroll function require regular maintenance and updates. The error code prevents the user from installing updates and upgrading payroll. It can occur due to a firewall blockage or misconfigured security settings. If you are encountering the QuickBooks error code 12007 while working on the application, keep reading this article till the end. We are going to provide you with the reasons why the error occurs and the steps you can follow to get rid of it effectively to resume working on your QuickBooks application seamlessly.
You can contact our support team by dialing 1-855-856-0042 and get technical assistance with the error if you are unable to understand the steps or resolve the error code on your own.
Reasons for the QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 12007
The QuickBooks error 12007 can occur due to the following factors –
- The internet connection is unstable and QuickBooks is not able to establish a proper connection. There might also be a network time-out that is
- preventing QB from accessing the server.
- Your security settings or Windows firewall is interrupting QuickBooks and blocking its functions.
- The SSL settings are incorrect or faulty which is causing the error code.
- You have not set Internet Explorer as your default browser for QuickBooks and thus internet issues are taking place.
- The system files are misconfigured and they are causing registry issues.
Recommended to read: How to Resolve Quickbooks Error 80040408
Symptoms of Error Code 12007 in QuickBooks
A few symptoms that occur when QuickBooks error code 12007 pops up on your screen are –
- You won’t be able to install the latest updates on your QuickBooks Desktop.
- The internet connection might pose some issues or might not work altogether.
- The payroll updates will no longer get downloaded and the error may hinder the update process.
- The error will keep on appearing on your screen persistently unless you get rid of it.
Eliminating the QuickBooks Error Message 12007 Reliably
To get rid of the QuickBooks payroll update error 12007, follow the solutions provided below –
Solution 1. Launch Your Internet Explorer and Perform a Reconfiguration
You need to reconfigure your Internet Explorer to get rid of the QuickBooks error code 12007.
- From the top-right corner of your Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon and go to Internet Options.
- Click LAN Settings from the Connection tab and checkmark the Automatically Detect Settings
- From the Advanced tab, mark the SSL 2.0and SSL 3.0 boxes and select the Publisher’s Certificate
- Once done, unmark the TLS 1.2 checkbox and mark the TLS 1.1checkbox from the Advanced
- Now, re-open QuickBooks and try to install payroll updates again to see if the error message 12007 is removed.
Solution 2. Detect Problems with Your Internet Explorer by Running a Quick Scan
Scan your Internet Explorer for any issues and fix the QuickBooks Desktop error 12007.
- Press Windows + Rand to open the Run window to run the SFC/scannow
- Follow the on-screen prompts and finish the file-checking process by pressing OK.
- Once done, restart your PC and try to install payroll updates again to check the status of the error.
Solution 3. Edit Your Default Browser Settings for QB Desktop
You need to set Internet Explorer as the default browser in order to address the error code 12007 in QuickBooks.
- From the tools menu of your Internet Explorer, select Internet Options and go to the Programs
- Look for the option to set it as the default browser and click on the Set as Default
- Hit OK to give effect to the changes and run QuickBooks again to see if the error code 12007 is dismissed.
Recommended to read: How to Fix POS Got Stuck For a Second
Solution 4. Update QuickBooks to the Most Recent Version by Installing Available Updates
You need to update QuickBooks to fix the minor errors and issues that might be causing the errors while updating payroll.
- Close QuickBooks and hold the Ctrl key while double-clicking the QB icon till the No Company Open window appears on your screen.
- Go to the QuickBooks Help menu and select the Update QuickBooks Desktop option to select Update Now.
- Checkmark the Reset Update box and hit the Get Updates button to download the latest updates.
- Once done, re-launch QuickBooks and click on Install Now to install the downloaded updates and upgrade the application.
- Lastly, run the payroll updates again and check whether the QuickBooks Desktop error 12007 is eliminated.
Solution 5. Clean Install QuickBooks by Installing the Clean Install Tool Utility
Clean install your QuickBooks Desktop in the following manner –
- Download the clean install tool and save it to a suitable location to access it.
- Double-click on the file and open it to launch the tool.
- Accept the license agreement and agree to the terms, followed by clicking on Continue.
- Select your QuickBooks version and hit OK to re-install QuickBooks by following the on-screen instructions correctly.
Solution 6. Restore the Previous Version by Reverting the QuickBooks Updates
Lastly, if the error occurred after installing the latest QB updates, there might be some issues with the latest update. Try to revert the updates and see if the error 12007 QuickBooks update is rectified.
- Restart your system and reset the QuickBooks updates to check if you are able to download the payroll updates.
- Make sure you are accessing the company file in single-user mode and then, download and install the latest maintenance release on your system.
- Check the status of the QuickBooks error message 12007 and see if it is dismissed or not.
To conclude, you can perform the steps given in this article to address QuickBooks Error 12007. If you followed the solutions and the error code persists, you can reach out to us for professional help from our team of experts by dialing 1-855-856-0042.