QuickBooks is a financial management software that is frequently used and has a wide variety of options to meet your company's requirements. It is important to remember that QuickBooks, like any other program, can have hiccups and glitches. When attempting to open a company file in QuickBooks, users often get QuickBooks Error 6000 77. QuickBooks crashes with Error -6000 -77 if the file is in the wrong folder. Additionally, the company file may be corrupted or missing, the folder permissions may be improper, or there may be an issue with the QuickBooks installation, all of which can lead to this error message.
If you are facing trouble resolving QB Error 6000 77 on your own, get in touch with our certified experts at 1.855.738.2784 who will help you with reliable solutions.
What Causes QuickBooks Error Code 6000 77?
You may get QB Error -6000 77 for any of the following reasons:
- The folder containing the Company file has inadequate permissions.
- The Company file was saved to an external drive when it should have been saved to a local or network drive.
- A mapped disk was used to access the Company file in QuickBooks.
- QuickBooks has a communication problem in multi-user mode.
You May Read Also: How To Fix QuickBooks Error 1904
Ways to Fix the QuickBooks Error Code 6000 77
Here are some solutions that worked well in the error's 6000 77 resolutions:
Solution 1: Rename .ND and .TLG files:
Fix QuickBooks Desktop's multi-user access to company files by revising the .ND and .TLG file extensions. If corrupt .ND or .TLG files are present; launching QuickBooks Desktop will fail. If you rename these files, you will not lose any information while accessing or scanning your company file in QuickBooks. Instead, they happen on their own accord.
- To access the company file, open the appropriate folder.
- Search for ".ND" and ".TLG" files that share the same name as a company file.
- Locate the files that share the same name as your company file but have the .ND or .TLG extension. The company_file.qbw.ND and company_file.qbw.TLG are examples.
- Right-click the ".ND/.TLG" file you want to rename and choose "Rename"
- After adding an extension, type ".old" and hit the "Enter" key.
This solution has worked for millions of our users. Still, in case, you find that the solution is not worked for your error type, please try solution 2.
Solution 2: Go for UNC Path rather than Mapped Drive
Sometimes, some solutions will not work in resolving the errors so you can approach this solution that is concerned with the mapped drive.
- To run QuickBooks as an administrator, right-click its icon while holding the "Ctrl" key on your computer, and then pick "Run as Administrator."
- If you press and hold the "Ctrl" key, the "No Company Open" window will show.
Note: QuickBooks Desktop will not automatically open company files if you hold down the "Ctrl" key.
- Choose the option that says "Open or Restore Company" > "Open a company file" > "Next" using the File menu in QB.
- Select "Network" from the menu on the left, then go to the directory where your company file is kept.
Note: Folder permissions may need to be adjusted if the company file cannot be located.
- To open your company file, you must. This blog post was written intending to assist you in resolving QuickBooks Error Code 6000 77.
The preceding troubleshooting techniques may seem overly simplistic, but countless users and specialists have tried and tested them in the face of this perplexing difficulty.
We have tried our best to provide you with true-and-tested solutions to fix QuickBooks error 6000 77. If you are still facing issues in resolving, we request you to contact our support staff at 1.855.738.2784. The team is determined to provide you with a concrete resolution in a timely manner that is satisfactory for you.
Recommended To Read: How To Resolve QuickBooks Error 12007