Among the many utilities available for QB users, the QuickBooks database server manager is one of the most important ones. This utility can enable multiple users to access the company file on different workstations on the same network. When there are issues with the utility, it can lead to the QBDBMgrN Not Running On This Computer error. The error message can arise when QB is not updated, among other possible reasons. If you are getting the QuickBooks database server manager stopped issue, you can use the solutions given below to terminate it.
If you are having difficulty understanding the steps or resolving the error message on your own, you can reach out to us at 1-855-856-0042 to get direct assistance from our QB technicians.
QBDBMgrN Keeps Stopping Error: Common Reasons and Causes
If your QBDBMgrN service is not running, the following possible factors and scenarios might be responsible –
- Your QuickBooks Desktop application is not updated to the latest release, and the outdated application is causing compatibility issues.
- Windows firewall is blocking QuickBooks access to the server, which is preventing the application from accessing the company file.
- The company file you are trying to access is stored in a damaged folder, and the file folder path might have changed or is incorrect.
- Essential files, like the network data file, are not running in QB, and the files might be broken, damaged, or corrupted.
Recommended to read: How to Resolve Quickbooks American Express Not Syncing
Troubleshooting Steps to Eliminate the QuickBooks Database Server Manager won’t Start Issue.
The QBDBMgrN not running error can be easily resolved by using the solutions provided below –
Solution 1 – Add the Database Service to the Windows Firewall Exceptions from the Run Window
You can address the QBDBMgrN not responding issue by adding the database service to the firewall exception list.
- Press the Windows + R keys to open the Run dialog box and type control firewall. Cpl to access the Firewall window.
- Select the System and Security option and choose Windows Firewall to click on the Advanced Settings from the left pane.
- Select Inbound Rule and choose New Rule from the right side to go to the Programs menu and select This Program Path.
- Exclude the QBDMgrN.exe file by going to the location of the file and pressing Next, followed by selecting the Allow the Connection option and hit Finish.
Recommended to read: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 12007
Solution 2 – Reboot the Database Service by Running the Services.msc Command
- You can fix the database service issues by rebooting the service from the run window.
- Open the Run window and type services. msc to run the service command and select QuickBooks Database Server Manager from the services list.
- Now, choose the QB desktop file and right-click it to access the drop-down menu to choose the Reboot option.
You can use the solutions given above to dismiss the QBDBMgrN Not Running On This Computer issue. If the issue remains unresolved, you can call us at 1-855-856-0042 to get professional assistance from our technical support assistants.
Also read this blog: QuickBooks Cannot Communicate With the Company File: Most Relevant Guide