With technology advancing at such a fast rate, computer systems are coming up with brand new features and updates more frequently than ever before. It is also true as the time goes by old computers becomes unstable and cannot support the latest updated application that requires upgraded components. This can also happen if you are using QuickBooks Desktop on an old computer. QuickBooks can show several errors and cannot perform up to the marks is minimum system requirement is not fulfilled. If you also falls in the same situation, then you might need to Move QuickBooks Desktop to a New Computer. Here in this article we have mentioned detailed instructions that you can follow to quickly move your QuickBooks Desktop to a different computer without losing any of your data in the old machine. Follow the complete article for detailed information.
If you are looking for help from an expert to install QuickBooks on a new computer, then dial (1-855)-856-0042 and get in touch with the certified QB experts now.
Use QuickBooks Migrator Tool to Move QuickBooks Desktop to a Different Computer
Before moving your QuickBooks Desktop to a new machine make sure to consider the following recommendations:
- Make sure to take a note of the password that QuickBooks Migrator Tool will prompt you to create as this is a onetime password that you will need to move QuickBooks Desktop to a different computer.
- The Migrator tool only moves 3 company files so if you have more than 3 company files, then consider using a different approach.
- The Migrator tool copies the files using an external storage device, so you will need an external storage device like a USB storage device for data transfer.
Recommended to read: How to Resolve QuickBooks Connection Has Been Lost
Steps to Move QuickBooks Desktop to a Different Computer
- Open QuickBooks Desktop on the old PC and click Utilities from under the File tab.
- Now select Move QuickBooks to another computer option and click I’m Ready.
- Follow the on-screen instruction to copy the files to the USB drive.
- Now insert the USB drive and open it on the new PC.
- Run the Move_QuickBooks.bat file and type the password when prompted.
- Click Let’s go and let the QuickBooks Migrator tool copy all the files from the old PC to the new one.
Surprisingly, the above mentioned are the only few steps that you need to follow to Move QuickBooks Desktop to a New Computer. In case, if you face any issue during the QuickBooks data migration process, contact us at our direct helpline number (1-855)-856-0042.
Source code: https://24bookmarkingservices.weebly.com/blog/steps-to-move-quickbooks-desktop-to-a-new-computer-explained
Also read this blog: Steps to fix the ‘QuickBooks Switch to Multi-User Mode Greyed Out’ Issue
No comments yet
Sign In / Sign Up