Building a Shopify public app is a smart business move if you want to tap into a huge potential customer base, gain valuable data access, generate recurring revenue, easily update your app, and receive around-the-clock support. The opportunities for growth and success are endless
Why You Should Develop a Public App for Shopify
Here are a few reasons why you should create an app for the Shopify App Store:
- Exposure to a huge audience: The Shopify App Store gets over 2.5 million visits per month from merchants looking for solutions. By building an app, you will gain visibility in front of this massive audience.
- Recurring revenue: Public apps are a great source of recurring monthly revenue. You can charge merchants a monthly subscription fee for using your app. The more merchants that install your app, the more monthly recurring revenue you can generate.
- Valuable data access: As a Shopify app developer, you will gain access to valuable store data through the Shopify API. You can use this data to build features that truly benefit merchants. But be sure to follow all data usage rules set by Shopify.
- Easier updates: Updating a public app is much easier than updating a custom one-off solution. When you push an update, all merchants receive the latest version automatically.
- 24/7 support: Shopify provides 24/7 support for public app developers and handles all billing and payments. They take care of the infrastructure, so you can focus on building your app.
How to Build a Highly Functional Public App
To build a highly functional public app, you need to focus on a few key things.
First, choose an app idea that provides real value to merchants and their customers. Think of problems you can solve or ways to enhance the shopping experience. Run some surveys to validate your idea before diving into development.
Next, design an intuitive user interface. Your app should be incredibly easy to use and navigate. Clean layouts, simple menus, and minimal clicks will make merchants and shoppers happy.
Then, code the app to be fast and bug-free. No one will use an app that crashes or lags. Thoroughly test your app to ensure optimal performance and a seamless experience across devices. You might also consider optimizing for speed to improve page load times.
Don’t forget about security. Use encryption, never store sensitive data, and prevent vulnerabilities that could compromise merchants or customers. Stay up-to-date with Shopify security requirements and best practices.
Finally, offer great support. Have a help center, email support, and possibly live chat. Be active in the Shopify forums and help merchants troubleshoot issues. Provide updates when needed and be transparent about any changes.
If you are still finding it difficult to do it all yourself, hire an experienced Shopify public app development company to help you out with Shopify public app development services that creates the right impact.
How to Market Your New Public App and Gain Traction
Build an email list
Start building an email list of Shopify store owners as soon as your app goes live. Offer a lead magnet like a free checklist or guide in exchange for their email. Email your list regularly with app updates, tips for getting the most out of your app, and occasional promotions. An email list is the best way to keep your app top of mind and drive more downloads.
Run promotions and contests
Run promotions like offering your app for free for a limited time or giving away premium app features. You can also run contests where people enter to win a prize by downloading your app. Promotions and contests attract attention and new users. Offering a time-limited deal creates a sense of urgency that motivates people to take action.
Ask happy customers to leave a positive review on the Shopify App Store. Reviews build credibility and social proof which leads to more downloads. Reach out to customers via email and your in-app messaging and politely ask them to review your app if they’re enjoying the experience.
Cross-promote on social media
Promote your app on platforms like Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Post updates, tips, behind-the-scenes photos and app promotions. Engage with your followers by replying to their comments and messages. Tag @ShopifyPartners in your posts to increase visibility. Social media expands your reach and referral traffic.
Improve your app listing
Continuously optimize your app listing page in the Shopify App Store. Update your images and videos, refine your product descriptions, emphasize key benefits and add persuasive customer reviews and testimonials. An optimized listing with high-quality visuals and copy converts more visitors into downloads.
Following these steps to actively market your Shopify app and gain more users will help establish your offering, build brand recognition, and drive ongoing growth and success. If you are not comfortable with the process, you can always partner up with a Shopify public app development companies like CartCoders who are well versed in providing Shopify public app development services with perfection. With consistency and persistence, you will be well on your way to building a successful public app.