The multi-user hosting mode in QuickBooks is used to access the company data and work on them on different workstations connected to the same network. When the QuickBooks multi-user mode not working, it can prevent users from accessing the files on their workstations. The issue can arise due to an incorrect hosting setup, among other reasons. If you are getting the QuickBooks multi-user mode not responding error, you can follow the solutions provided below to address it.
If you are having difficulty performing the solutions or eliminating the error code on your own, you can reach out to us at 1.855.738.2784 to get immediate assistance from our technical support team.
What are the Possible Factors and Triggers for the QuickBooks Opening in Single-User Mode Issue?
If your QuickBooks multi-user mode not opening, you might be facing the following common causes –
- Your QuickBooks Desktop is not correctly installed on the server PC, which is causing issues on other workstations connected to the same network.
- The hosting settings are not correctly set up on the host computer, and the settings might be turned off or incorrect.
- The user does not have adequate permissions to access the files and folders on the network correctly.
- The QuickBooks database service is not running correctly, and the service might be inactive, unresponsive, or turned off.
- Windows firewall is causing an obstruction, which is preventing QuickBooks from accessing the data file in the multi-user hosting mode.
Reliable Steps to Eliminate the QuickBooks Multi-User Mode Won’t Open Issue
The QuickBooks not running in multi-user mode issue can be easily terminated by using the solutions provided below –
You May Read Also: How To Fix QuickBooks Error 1904
Step 1 – Verify the Database Service Status and Ensure that it is Running Correctly on the Workstations
You can fix the QuickBooks multi-user hosting error by verifying the database service status.
- From the Windows search bar, run the services.msc command, and search for the QuickBooks Database Server Manager from the Services menu to access it.
- If you can’t find the service, install the database server and make sure the service is correctly updated, followed by selecting the QuickBooksDBXX option twice.
- Check the Service Status and ensure that the service is shown as Running or Start, and choose the Restart the Service option, followed by choosing the Subsequent Failures.
Step 2 – Check the Hosting Settings on the Server PC and Workstations from the Utility Tab
You need to reconfigure the hosting settings to dismiss the QB hosting errors correctly.
- Open QuickBooks and choose the File tab to go to the Utilities section and check if the Host Multi-User Access option is selected on the host PC and the Stop Hosting Multi-User Access option is selected on the workstations.
- If not, select these options to enable hosting only on the host computer, and once done, rerun QuickBooks to check if the hosting issues are rectified.
The QuickBooks multi-user mode not working issue can be resolved by using the solutions given in this article. If the error code persists, you can call us at 1.855.738.2784 to get professional help from our QB experts.
Recommended To Read: How To Resolve QuickBooks Error 6069