QuickBooks doesn’t play catch-up; it sets a precedent for other accounting software by introducing new features in the accounting arena. User needs to upgrade their software by ensuring multiple aspects like the Network share, user system, and Server OS. If any of these components or elements incur flaws, the QuickBooks Connection has been lost issue may be encountered by users. In this blog, we shall see detailed information about the QuickBooks Connection has been lost problem and the tricks to defeat it.
Signs that forecast the QuickBooks Connection has been lost issue
If the computer behaves in the ways listed below, you must take action to rectify Connection Error QuickBooks
- You may feel helpless in accessing the company data file as it won’t open
- If you have faced a similar issue in the past, it is a possibility that QuickBooks may lose connection again
- Connecting the server with the workstation may become impossible
- Its effects may spread outside the folds of QuickBooks as you won’t be able to create or delete a non-QuickBooks file or folder
- Connecting through a wireless mode may increase the instability of the device.
- If the system crashes or freezes all of a sudden. Sudden crashing or freezing of the system indicates the forthcoming Connection has been Lost Error Message
Before we move on to the recommended solutions, it is necessary to tell the readers that relaunching QuickBooks or restarting the computer are very simple and effective ways to rectify the Connection has been lost in QuickBooks Desktop issue. Please try these actions and then move to the other solutions
Recommended to read: How to fix QuickBooks Error 6069
Corrective cures to eliminate the QuickBooks Connection Error
Solution 1: Host Multi-user Access
To overcome the issue at hand, switch on the multi-user mode on the server computer and single-user mode on the workstations
- Visit the File menu and choose Utilities on workstations other than the hosting computer.
- Search for the Host Multi-User Access alternative among the list of options
- All the workstations that indicate Stop Hosting Multi-User Access must be selected to be disabled
Solution 2: Inspect the Portable drive
If you choose to store your company file on an external device, follow the steps to check its connection to the drive and functionality
- Ensure and inspect that the removable storage device is correctly connected by disconnecting and reconnecting the drive till you hear a sound that confirms the connection
- Navigate or browse through the external storage device from My Computer to locate your company file.
- Attempt to add and save other files to the removable drive to test its functionality.
- Try to keep the space empty as much as double the size of your company file.
Hopefully, the contents of the article enhanced your knowledge and helped you eliminate the QuickBooks Connection has been lost issue. If you want personal assistance to solve the QuickBooks Connection has been lost issue, dial 1-855-856-0042 and our QB ProAdvisor experts will be glad to serve you with the best guidance