QuickBooks Error 6190 is a complex company file error that mostly gets triggered when some other user on the network has logged into the company file in single-user mode on a different workstation.
Besides failure in accessing the company file, this error also causes other programs on the user’s system to stop responding to the user’s commands and sometimes, the abrupt system shutdown also happens.
Precise methods that can be utilized to effectively eliminate this error have been explained in this blog.
If you want perfect technical guidance from a qualified professional to resolve QuickBooks Error 6190, simply dial 1-855-856-0042 to contact our QB Experts Team.
Main Reasons behind the Company File Error Code 6190 in QuickBooks
The major factors that trigger Company File Error Code 6190 in QuickBooks are explained below:
- Failure in accessing the company file mostly occurs due to damage in the company file itself, and in addition, a corrupt Network Data file and the Transaction Log File can also trigger this error.
- Damage to the system files due to virus attacks and a corrupted folder holding the company file can also provoke QB Error 6190.
Recommended to read: How to fix QuickBooks Error 6129
Eliminate 6190 QuickBooks Error Message through These Unique Methods
You can decimate 6190 QuickBooks Error Message through the methods described below:
Method 1: Ensurecomplete repair of your company file through the correct execution of the QB File Doctor tool
- Utilize the valid link available on Intuit’s website to download the QB Tool Hub on your system and then proceed further to install the tool hub by carefully launching the tool hub installation file (QuickBooksToolHub.exe).
- All the steps that are shown in a step-wise fashion on your screen must be followed to ensure the precise installation of the QB Tool Hub on your system, and then you must move ahead to launch the tool hub by double-clicking on its correct icon.
- At this step, you have to identify the ‘Company File Issues’ tab inside the QB Tool Hub so that you can strike on it, and then you have to go ahead to tap the ‘Run QuickBooks File Doctor’ icon.
- Now, to obtain the company file for repairing purposes, you can simply utilize the ‘Browse and search’ option and then you must go further to click on the ‘Continue’ button; finally, you need to type the QB admin password to commence this tool’s run.
- After the company file gets totally repaired, you can easily launch the QB application to successfully open up your company file.
Method 2: Accord a fresh name to both the Network Data file and the Transaction Log File to comfortably weed out this error
- Since the Network Data file and the Transaction Log file (both are configuration files) are saved inside the company file folder, you have to first open up that folder to identify both these files through their file extensions (‘.ND’ and ‘.TLG’).
- After identifying both these files, you need to right-click on their icons to simply hit the ‘Rename’ option and then you can precisely add a word like ‘oldcompnumfile’ to the end of their names as per this illustration: ‘compnewset.qbw.nd.oldcompnumfile’ and ‘compnewset.qbw.tlg.oldcompnumfile’.
- Save the newly-granted names of the configuration files by tapping the ‘Enter’ key and then easily launch the QB Desktop application so that you can successfully access your company file.
QuickBooks Error 6190 can be fully exterminated through the methods described above. For more technical support, dial 1-855-856-0042 to reach out to our QB Technical Support Team.