QuickBooks is a leading bookkeeping software in the accounting industry. It has been delivering its services for many decades and has been continuously improved by the developer team. The software provides quick and accurate accounting along with the ability to share financial data with multiple systems. But the software gambles with unexpected issues that can affect the multi-user network. QuickBooks error H202 develops while opening or hosting a company file due to issues in the multi-user network. If you also came across this multi-user mode issue in QuickBooks, this blog will help you understand the triggers for this issue and the appropriate steps to eliminate it.
Fix this issue with the guidance of a QB professional available at 1.855.738.2784.
You’ll face trouble in opening and hosting your company file due to this error. The potential causes of its development are-
- QuickBooks hosting settings are misconfigured, causing issues in the multi-user network.
- Some files in the QuickBooks folder aren’t registered on the network, and Database Server Manager crashes when it fails to retrieve the files.
- QuickBooks suffers from technical glitches that might emerge due to its faulty installation.
The methods to fix the multi-user network issue are provided below-
You May Read Also: How To Fix QuickBooks Error 3371
Solution 1- Scan the QB folder in Database Server Manager
QuickBooks Database Server Manager to set up the multi-user network and monitor the data flow. The DBSM also registers the file on the network to make them accessible to all users. Suppose the Database Server Manager fails to fetch a file required to establish the multi-user network. In that case, it will crash and stop the user from executing any company file-related task. You’ll have to scan the company file folder to prepare all its contents to be used by the multi-user network. Refer to these steps-
- Run a search for Database Server Manager if you have installed it separately, or go to the Network Issues option in the QB Tool hub.
- Go to the Scan Folders tab in the DBSM and locate your company file folder using the Browse option.
- Click on Start Scan after selecting the folder and wait for some time.
- Click Close after the scan is complete. Firewall permissions will also be fixed after the scan in Database Server Manager finishes.
- Reopen QuickBooks.
If the error develops again while hosting the company file, try the next solution.
Solution 2- Fix the QuickBooks hosting settings
Only the server computer should run in multi-user mode to host the company file, and all the workstations should use the Single-user mode. This error can also develop if a workstation runs in multi-user mode. Configure the hosting settings using the steps below-
- Go to all the workstations individually and click on the File option in QuickBooks.
- Tap Utilities and click Stop hosting multi-user access.
- Go to the File menu in your server computer’s QuickBooks.
- Select Utilities and click Host multi-user access.
- Reboot your server computer and then all the workstations.
- Open the company file on your server computer in multi-user mode.
You won’t encounter any issues while using the data file now.
We have reached the end of this blog that describes the reasons for QuickBooks error H202 and the effective methods to deal with it. We hope you execute the solutions to resolve the multi-user mode issue in your QuickBooks.
If you need any help with troubleshooting, contact a team of QB experts at 1.855.738.2784.
Recommended To Read: How To Resolve QuickBooks Not Opening