Several errors regularly disrupt the normal tasks that QB Desktop users attempt to complete on the system. One such error is the ‘QuickBooks Error the File Exists’ that occurs in a variety of scenarios like updating payroll service, submitting taxes, and accessing the official federal & state forms.
Since this error can arise due to many different factors, it is crucial to utilize the correct method to eliminate this problem.
This blog mentions all the verified methods that you can utilize to tackle this difficult error.
Exasperated by the ‘QuickBooks Error the File Exists’? Just dial 1-855-856-0042 to contact our QB Experts Team for immediate assistance.
The File Exists Error in QuickBooks: Main Reasons
The File Exists Error in QuickBooks occurs due to the factors explained as follows:
- If the user does not have enough permissions to access the QB program file (‘QBW32.EXE), then this error can swiftly get triggered.
- This error can also occur if the user is not operating the QB Desktop application on the computer with admin privileges.
Recommended to read: How to fix QuickBooks connection has been lost
How to Easily Resolve QuickBooks Desktop The File Exists Error Message?
The QuickBooks Desktop The File Exists Error Message can be fully resolved through the methods mentioned below:
Method 1: Operate the QuickBooks Desktop application with complete admin rights to fully tackle this troublesome problem
- Just go to the ‘QuickBooks Desktop’ icon situated on the Windows Desktop of your computer so that you can properly right-click on it, and after that, you shall swiftly strike the ‘Run as Administrator’ option to access the QB application in admin mode.
- Once the QB application properly opens in admin mode, you should successfully download the payroll updates as well as submit the required taxes.
Method 2: Edit the QB program file (‘QBW32.EXE’) settings to make sure that all users have full access permissions to it
- Firstly, navigate to the ‘QuickBooks Desktop’ folder located inside the ‘C: drive’ of your computer & then find out the QB program file (‘QBW32.EXE’) present within it.
- Once you have found the ‘QBW32.EXE’ file, you must right-click on it to choose the ‘Properties’ option and then jump to the ‘Security’ tab on the newly-opened ‘Properties’ window so that you can strike the ‘Edit’ option.
- Now, precisely hit the ‘Add’ option and then write ‘Everyone’ in the box, and after that, accurately mark the ‘Full Control’ checkbox on that window.
- At this point, you shall again strike the ‘Add’ option so that you can write ‘Users’ in the specified box, following which you can instantly hit the ‘Full Control’ checkbox situated within that section.
- Finally, implement all the aforementioned changes by hitting the ‘Apply’ & the ‘OK’ buttons, after which you can successfully obtain the payroll updates & submit the necessary taxes through the QB Desktop application on the computer.
QuickBooks Error the File Exists can be practically eradicated if you implement the aforementioned methods in the valid step-wise sequence. For further guidance & help, dial 1-855-856-0042 to reach out to our QB ProAdvisor Professionals Team.