QuickBooks Error PS038 is a complex payroll service error that gets provoked while downloading the newest payroll updates and while sending the employees’ paychecks online to Intuit server.
As this error interferes with the processing of employees’ paychecks, it becomes necessary for the enterprise to eliminate it promptly & effectively.
An extensive review of this technical problem, together with the easiest solutions, is given in this blog.
Are you searching for reliable guidance to eliminate QuickBooks Error PS038? Just dial 1-855-856-0042 to contact our QB Experts Team.
Payroll Error PS038 in QuickBooks: Main Triggers
Eminent QB experts have listed the following factors that usually provoke Payroll Error PS038 in QuickBooks:
- Not updating the QB application for a long time & utilizing an outdated Windows version can trigger QB Error PS038.
- Many times employees’ paychecks get stuck in the system while sending them to Intuit, and as a result, this error gets provoked.
Recommended to read: How to fix QuickBooks Error 80040408
Suitable Methods to Fully Rectify PS038 Payroll Update Error Message in QuickBooks
The PS038 Payroll Update Error Message in QuickBooks can be fully eliminated using the methods described as follows:
Method 1: Obtain the relevant QB updates & then send payroll data to fully weed out this technical issue
- Firstly, make sure that your QB Desktop has the latest updates, and for that, you must launch the QB application so that you can easily tap the ‘Update QuickBooks Desktop’ tab located under the ‘Help’ menu inside it.
- Immediately thereafter, jump to the ‘Update QuickBooks’ window to easily strike the ‘Update Now’ & the ‘Get Updates’ button so that you can finally download the newest QB Desktop updates.
- After finishing the QB update download process, you shall only require to install those QB updates, and then you can reboot the computer, following which you should hop to the ‘Employees’ menu in the QB application.
- At this point, strike the ‘Send Payroll Data’ option and then check the ‘Send All’ checkbox located under the ‘Send/Receive Payroll Data’ window, following which you can finally type the payroll service pin to successfully send the required payroll data.
Method 2: Correctly locate all the stuck employees’ paychecks & then execute the ‘Rebuild Data’ tool to fully exterminate this problem
- Immediately proceed to the ‘Edit’ menu in the QB Desktop application to hit the ‘Find’ option, after which you shall hop to the ‘Advanced’ tab so that you can jump to the ‘Choose Filter’ section to eventually reach the ‘Filter’ list.
- On the ‘Filter’ list, you are required to choose the ‘Detail Level’ option, and after that, you must hit the ‘Summary only’ option as well, as you have to carefully choose ‘Online to Send’ as the ‘Online Status’ in that tab.
- Now, you can get the complete list of all the employees’ paychecks that failed to reach Intuit’s server by simply tapping the ‘Find’ button, and then you must hop to the ‘Utilities’ tab under the ‘File’ menu to finally tap the ‘Rebuild Data’ icon.
- At this point, a separate backup of the data file will be immediately created & saved, after which the ‘Rebuild Data’ tool will commence its execution to resolve all those stuck paychecks.
- Once the stuck paychecks problem has been resolved, you can successfully download & install the newest payroll service updates on your system.
Implement these troubleshooting methods in the proper sequence to fully tackle QuickBooks Error PS038. For further guidance & help, dial 1-855-856-0042 to contact our QB ProAdvisor Professionals Team.