QuickBooks Point of Sale is utilized by retail store owners to keep a record of daily sales, manage inventory, store customer information, etc. The software also helps owners decide discount rates on the inventory products to increase their sales and eventually generate profit. The software needs to be in sync with QuickBooks Desktop to register the everyday sales data. QuickBooks Error 3140 occurs during the financial exchange and blocks data transfer between the software. If you are also troubled by this error during a financial exchange on your QuickBooks, keep reading the blog to learn about the triggers for his error and the methods to rectify it.
Fix this error with the assistance of a QB expert available at 1-855-856-0042.
You’ll run into this error in QuickBooks Point of Sale due to the reasons given below-
• The account you are trying to access is not mapped adequately, and the software considers it invalid.
• Invalid accounts are being used to register the receivable or payable accounts.
• The item account you are trying to access in QuickBooks POS has turned inactive or has been deleted.
Recommended to read: How to Fix Quickbooks Error PS101
Apply these techniques in your QuickBooks Point of Sale to get rid of this error-
Solution 1- Ensure the account you are accessing has been mapped correctly
QuickBooks Point of Sale will develop this error when you try to access an account that is not mapped correctly. The software will develop an issue when it fails to access the account. Use these steps to verify the account mapping-
1. Restart your system and open QuickBooks Point of Sale.
2. Click on the File option and select Preferences.
3. Tap the Company option and select Accounts under Financial.
4. Navigate to the basic and advanced tabs to verify that the accounts are mapped correctly (The account name shouldn’t contain [ ]).
5. Click on Save and try running the financial exchange.
If the error isn’t removed, try the next solution.
Recommended to read: How to Resolve Learn to Rectify The "QuickBooks Hosting Mode is off" Error
Solution 2- Verify that the account you are trying to access is active
This error can also develop if the item account you are accessing is incorrect, or if it is currently inactive. Also, the receivable and payable accounts should be mapped to the correct accounts. Otherwise, the software will fail to run the financial exchange. Fix the issue by using the steps below-
1. Click on the File menu in QuickBooks Point of Sale ad click Preferences.
2. Tap Company and select Accounts under Financial.
3. Ensure the accounts are mapped correctly to A/R and A/P type accounts and click on Save.
4. Go to the Lists option in QB POS and click Chart of Accounts.
5. Click on Accounts at the bottom and click Show inactive accounts (Accounts containing X beside their name are inactive).
6. Tap the X mark or right-click on the account and click Make account active.
7. Try running the financial exchange in QuickBooks POS.
You will not face any issues during the financial exchange after applying the methods given above.
We have now reached the farthest limit of this blog which explains the reasons QuickBooks Error 3140 develops. The methods to counter this issue are also included in the blog, which you can apply to terminate the issue from the software. Converse directly with a QB professional at 1-855-856-0042 for further assistance.
Also read this blog: Easy and Effective Fixes to Fix The QuickBooks Error 1402