Australia has long had a respected reputation when it comes to studying or immigrating overseas. There are many different reasons why international students choose to study in Australia. The best method to expand your knowledge and professional opportunities globally is to complete higher education in Australia. Rapid Education supports you in making education in Australia reasonable and attainable so that you may experience the difference. It also gives the best international career counseling for Australians.
Is Australia a Good Place to Study?
Despite the fact that Australia is the third-most-popular study destination for Indian students, over the past ten years, the number of Indian students applying to Australian universities has increased exponentially. This is largely due to the universities' world-class education systems, diverse campuses, and opportunities for post-graduation employment that they offer to international students.
According to the Australian Department of Home Affairs, 35,000 Indian students were given the opportunity to study in Australia in 2018–19, an increase of 31% over the previous year.
The most popular cities for Indian students to study abroad are Melbourne and Sydney. The other well-known cities are Canberra, Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth, and more.
The following are reasons to select Australia:
- 40+ prestigious institutions with a broad selection of programmes.
- Good Academic Scholarships Known for IT, Hospitality, Accounting, and Mining Courses.
- Excellent choices for staying abroad with great employment opportunities.
Estimated Cost of Studying in Australia
You need a lot of money to study in Australia as an international student. The best aspect about this is that Australia is less expensive than other well-known study-abroad locations like the US and UK. Tuition, housing, food, transportation, and other expenses are all included in the price of studying in Australia. Based on the university, course, and level of your selected study programme, the tuition costs may change.
Undergrad programmes in Australia would cost AUD 20,000, while MS programmes would cost AUD 49,000 annually.
The cost of a PhD programme ranges from AUD 20,000 to AUD 43,000 per year, with 100% scholarship and living subsidies available to those who match the university's eligibility requirements.
The Best Courses to Study Australia in 2023
- Accounting: Similar to India, Australia is slowly beginning to place more emphasis on accounting. There is a growing interest among students in core accounting and professional accounting, which has a promising future in the nation.
- Architecture: Over time, architecture's significance has grown. This has been especially true in the case of landscape architects given the high demand for those professionals in Australia at the moment.
- Actuarial Science: This course combines mathematics, statistics, finance, computer science, and economics to evaluate the financial risks in insurance, finance, and other related industries.
- Agricultural Sciences: Australia chooses to take courses in agricultural sciences. It encompasses agricultural scientists, agronomists, forestry experts, and agricultural consultants. If you have suitable job experience, you can relocate to Australia without a degree. However, in the Australian employment market, a degree from Australia would be preferred.
- Engineering: Much like India, Australia depends on the engineering sector. However, there is a considerable need for core and biomedical engineering specialties.
- Earth Sciences: Australia is well known for its mining metallurgy due to its wealth in coal, natural gas, and uranium. In Australia, there is a high need for geoscientists.
- Computer Science and Information Technology: Not just in Australia, but all throughout the world, there is a growing need for software engineers. Therefore, a study in computer science and information technology may be among the finest in Australia for students looking for excellent work opportunities throughout the globe.
- Human Resources: The human resources sector is expanding quickly right now and has the potential to provide you with a wide range of employment opportunities. Personable and analytical people are the best candidates for this position and can enrol in a course in this area for impressive career advancement.
- Tourism and Hospitality Management: Australia is a dream destination for travellers and hospitality professionals from all over the world. Numerous visitors are drawn to Australia's gorgeous terrain, which accounts for the high demand for tourism and hospitality management courses there.
- Psychology: In recent years, the discipline of psychology has grown significantly, and this development has been good for Australia. The field is becoming more and more well-liked.
- Nursing: In Australia, many people choose to study nursing. However, more people opt to pursue a nursing degree than pursue a certificate or masters in the field.
Upcoming Intakes to Study in Australia 2023
International students may apply for admission to Australian institutions in two major intakes: the February 2023 intake and the July 2023 intake. The intake in February offers the greatest variety of course selections out of the two. Other than the two intakes, students can enrol in Australia during the September and November intakes as well.
When applying to an Australian university, the following papers must be included in the application docket:
- Copy of a valid passport
- A transcript of grades
- School-leaving certificate, undergraduate degree certificate for a Bachelor's programme, and master's course application
- Any further necessary merit certificates, including IELTS/TOEFL score cards.
- LORs and GRE/GMAT scorecards, if necessary.
- Resumé upon request.
Australia has finally opened its doors to fully vaccinated overseas students after the protracted effects of COVID-19. It is therefore imperative for students who have been waiting a long time to study in Australia to submit an application. This blog attempts to advise you on the finest courses to enrol in while studying abroad in Australia as well as offer other crucial information you might need to make wiser decisions.
You may contact our experienced study abroad experts at any time for help at Rapid Education and Visa Consultants if you want to study in Australia soon. We can help you select the academic area that best fits your profile, apply for the top programmes in Australia, and obtain an Australian student visa.