Cricket is a game that requires a lot of skills, talent, and fitness. However, height can also be an advantage for some players, especially for bowlers and batsmen. Taller bowlers can generate more bounce and pace, while taller batsmen can reach the ball easily and play lofted shots. In this article, we will look at the top 10 tallest cricketers in India, who have used their height to their benefit.
Top 10 Tallest Cricketers in India
10. Shikhar Dhawan: The tenth-tallest cricketer in India is Shikhar Dhawan, who is also 5 ft 11 inches tall. He is a left-handed opening batsman who has played 34 Tests, 142 ODIs, and 65 T20Is for India. He is one of the most aggressive and consistent batsmen in India, who can score runs at a fast rate. He has scored seven Test centuries, 18 ODI centuries, and one T20I century. He is also the vice-captain of India in limited-overs cricket and the captain of Delhi Capitals in IPL.
9. KL Rahul: The ninth-tallest cricketer in India is KL Rahul, who is also 5 ft 11 inches tall. He is a batsman who can also keep wickets. He has played 38 Tests, 38 ODIs, and 49 T20Is for India. He is one of the most versatile batsmen in India, who can bat at any position and in any format. He has scored six Test centuries, five ODI centuries, and two T20I centuries. He is also the captain of Punjab Kings in IPL.
8. Umesh Yadav: The eighth-tallest cricketer in India is Umesh Yadav, who is 5 ft 11 inches tall. He is a fast bowler who has played 48 Tests, 75 ODIs, and 7 T20Is for India. He is one of the fastest bowlers in India, who can clock speeds of over 150 kmph. He has taken 148 Test wickets, 106 ODI wickets, and 9 T20I wickets. He has also scored a Test fifty and taken a hat-trick in IPL.
7. Axar Patel: The seventh-tallest cricketer in India is Axar Patel, who is also 6 ft tall. He is an all-rounder who bats left-handed and bowls left-arm orthodox spin. He has played seven Tests, 38 ODIs, and 13 T20Is for India. He made his Test debut in 2021 and took 27 wickets in three matches, including four five-wicket hauls and one ten-wicket haul. He also scored a Test fifty in his second match. He is a useful lower-order batsman who can score runs quickly. He has scored one ODI fifty and one T20I fifty.
6. Hardik Pandya: The sixth-tallest cricketer in India is Hardik Pandya, who is 6 ft tall. He is an all-rounder who bats right-handed and bowls right-arm fast-medium. He has played 11 Tests, 60 ODIs, and 48 T20Is for India. He is one of the most explosive batsmen in the world, who can hit big sixes and score quickly. He has scored one Test century and four ODI fifties. He is also a handy bowler who can take crucial wickets. He has taken 19 Test wickets, 55 ODI wickets, and 41 T20I wickets.
5. Deepak Hooda: The fifth-tallest cricketer in India is Deepak Hooda, who is also 6 ft 1 inches tall. He is an all-rounder who bats right-handed and bowls off-spin. He plays for Baroda in domestic cricket and Sunrisers Hyderabad in IPL. He made his IPL debut in 2015 and has scored 625 runs and taken 11 wickets in 46 matches. He has also played one ODI and three T20Is for India.
4. Washington Sundar: The fourth-tallest cricketer in India is Washington Sundar, who is also 6 ft 1 inches tall. He is an off-spinner who can also bat well. He has played two Tests, 24 ODIs, and 28 T20Is for India. He made his Test debut in 2021 and scored 84 runs and took four wickets in his first match. He also scored a Test fifty in his second match. He is a regular member of the India T20I team and has taken 27 wickets in the format.
3. Arshdeep Singh: The third-tallest cricketer in India is Arshdeep Singh, who is 6 ft 1 inches tall. He is a fast-medium bowler who plays for Punjab in domestic cricket and Punjab Kings in IPL. He made his IPL debut in 2019 and has taken 23 wickets in 18 matches. He is known for his variations and death bowling skills. He was part of the India Under-19 team that won the World Cup in 2018.
These are the top 10 tallest cricketers in India, who have used their height to their advantage and made a mark in the cricket world. They have shown that height is not a barrier, but a boon, for playing cricket.