Munnar is a beautiful hill station in the state of Kerala, India. It is known for its tea plantations, scenic views, wildlife, and adventure activities. Munnar is a perfect destination for nature lovers, honeymooners, and thrill seekers. If you are planning to visit Munnar, you should not miss the opportunity to see some of the best waterfalls, lakes, and mountains in the region. some of the most amazing places to visit in Munnar that will leave you spellbound.
Munnar has some of the most spectacular waterfalls in Kerala, which offer a refreshing and soothing experience for the visitors. Some of the best waterfalls to visit in Munnar are:
This is a cascading waterfall that falls from a height of 1600 meters. enjoy the refreshing spray of water and the lush green surroundings. also picnic, swim, or fish at the base of the waterfall.
This is a scenic waterfall that is surrounded by dense forests and hills. admire the beauty of the waterfall from a bridge or a viewpoint. also trek to the waterfall and enjoy the nature.
This is a charming waterfall that is located near the Eravikulam National Park. You can see the waterfall from the road or walk to the base of the waterfall. visit the nearby Vagavurai Valley, which is a tea estate.
This is a majestic waterfall that is also known as the Power House Waterfall. see the waterfall from a distance or get closer to the waterfall. the nearby Anayirangal Dam, which is a reservoir and a picnic spot.
This is a seven-step waterfall that is located in the Idukki district. see the waterfall from a viewpoint or trek to the waterfall. also enjoy some adventure activities like rock climbing, rappelling, and camping near the waterfall.
Munnar has some of the most serene and picturesque lakes in Kerala, which offer a romantic and relaxing atmosphere for the visitors. Some of the best lakes to visit in Munnar are:
- Kundala Lake: This is a serene lake that offers a romantic setting for couples. take a boat ride on the lake and admire the lotus flowers and the misty hills. also visit the nearby Kundala Dam and the golf course.
- Mattupetty Lake: This is a beautiful lake that is formed by the Mattupetty Dam. enjoy the views of the lake and the hills. also indulge in some activities like boating, fishing, or horse riding.
- Anayirangal Lake: This is a tranquil lake that is surrounded by tea gardens and forests. see the lake from a viewpoint or take a boat ride on the lake spot some elephants, bison, and deer near the lake.
- Devikulam Lake: This is a sacred lake that is also known as the Sita Devi Lake. see the lake from a distance or walk to the lake. also visit the nearby Devikulam Temple, which is dedicated to Goddess Sita.
- Echo Point: This is a scenic spot where you can hear your own voice echo back to you. also enjoy the views of the lake and the hills. also indulge in some activities like boating, cycling, or horse riding.
Munnar has some of the most magnificent and challenging mountains in Kerala, which offer a thrilling and rewarding experience for the visitors. Some of the best mountains to visit in Munnar are:
- Anamudi Peak: This is the highest peak in South India, and a popular trekking destination.enjoy the panoramic views of the hills, valleys, and forests from the top. also spot some rare flora and fauna in the area.
- Meesapulimala: This is the second highest peak in South India, and a popular trekking destination. enjoy the panoramic views of the hills, valleys, and forests from the top. camp at the base camp and experience the night sky and the sunrise.
- Kolukkumalai: This is the highest tea estate in the world, and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. take a jeep ride to the estate and enjoy the breathtaking views of the tea gardens and the mountains. You can also visit the orthodox tea factory and see how tea is processed.
- Chokramudi Peak: This is a moderate trekking destination that offers stunning views of the Munnar town, the Mattupetty Dam, and the Anamudi Peak. see some wildlife and birds in the area.
- Top Station: This is the highest point in Munnar, and a scenic spot that offers a bird's eye view of the Western Ghats and the Tamil Nadu plains. You can also see the rare Neelakurinji flowers, which bloom once in 12 years.
Munnar is a wonderful place to visit for a memorable and relaxing vacation. It has some of the best waterfalls, lakes, and mountains in Kerala, which offer a variety of experiences for the visitors. enjoy the refreshing and soothing waterfalls, the romantic and tranquil lakes, and the thrilling and rewarding mountains in Munnar. explore the beauty and diversity of the tea gardens, the wildlife, and the culture in Munnar.
Also Read- Plan a Perfect Trip to Munnar