The basic difference between regular coffee and decaf coffee is the caffeine content.
Your traditional cup of java contains approx. 100mg of caffeine. Now multiply it by the number of cups you have in the entire day. The amount of caffeine that enters your body is minimal if you drink decaffeinated coffee. In decaf, at least 97% of the caffeine content is stripped off.
In today’s post, we will discuss the key differences between regular coffee and the very popular decaf, to help you pick the right choice.
Pros and cons of regular coffee and decaf coffee
Many people start their days with the smell of freshly brewed coffee. However, a healthier alternative is gaining immense popularity these days, i.e. decaf coffee. Let’s find out more about the two different options by comparing their pros and cons.
The good and bad of regular coffee:
- Regular coffee is great to keep you wide awake, it also helps with your concentration
- Regular coffee is rich in antioxidants which have endless health benefits
- Regular coffee contains caffeine, so drinking it in moderation is necessary
- Coffee addicts might have to face difficulties like acid reflux, ulcers and anxiety from caffeine
- Regular coffee is not safe for women who are pregnant or breastfeeding
The good and bad of decaf coffee:
- Decaf coffee beans are similar to regular coffee beans, hence they contain all the healthy substances that are present in regular coffee.
- Decaf is free from caffeine, you don’t have to worry about its nasty side effects
- Switching to a cup of joe that is free from caffeine who have chronic headaches
- A decaf is a better and safer choice for women who are pregnant and breastfeeding
- Choosing the right decaf is important. Chemically processed decaf can give a bitter aftertaste
Which one is better for you?
After comparing the pros and cons, it can be said that regular coffee is only good when you drink it in moderation. However, for anxiety, heartburn, stomach ulcers or any such condition, the presence of caffeine in your drink is life threatening.
On the other side, the health benefits of regular coffee can be found in decaf. Caffeine free coffee is better that’s why it is getting widely popular. Some people consider the bitter taste a drawback, but it is not a pitfall actually.
All you need is to find Swiss Water Decaf coffee. In this method, the coffee beans are decaffeinated with just pure water which helps in keeping the taste, texture, and aroma intact, just like your regular coffee.
It can be concluded that caffeine is deadly if you crave your fifth cup of Joe by 4 o’clock in the evening. Don’t just drink regular coffee for the benefit of alertness and concentration. Excessive caffeine intake can harm your body. Hence, switching to decaf makes the most sense. Just make sure to steer clear of chemically decaffeinated coffee beans and only drink Swiss Water processed decaf.
Try out the organic, 100% chemical-free, Swiss Water Processed and Non-GMO coffee blends by Blue Spruce Decaf Co. They are also offering a full 30 days money-back guarantee to try out their rich and flavourful decaf blends.