Orrin Woodward is a New York Times bestselling author, speaker, and entrepreneur. He is the founder and chairman of the board of Life Leadership, a company that provides training and resources to help people develop their leadership skills and achieve their goals. Woodward is also the host of the popular podcast "The Orrin Woodward Show."
Woodward has written several books on leadership and personal development, including the following:
- LeaderShift: A Call for Americans to Finally Stand Up and Lead (2011)
- Launching a Leadership Revolution: Mastering the Five Levels of Influence (2014)
- RESOLVED: 13 Resolutions for LIFE (2017)
In this article, we will take a closer look at each of these books and discuss their key takeaways.
LeaderShift: A Call for Americans to Finally Stand Up and Lead
In LeaderShift, Woodward argues that the United States is in need of a new generation of leaders who are willing to stand up for their values and fight for what is right. He identifies five key principles of leadership:
- Vision: Leaders must have a clear vision for the future and be able to communicate that vision to others.
- Courage: Leaders must be courageous enough to take risks and make tough decisions.
- Integrity: Leaders must be honest and trustworthy.
- Humility: Leaders must be humble enough to admit when they are wrong and to learn from others.
- Servitude: Leaders must be willing to serve others and put the needs of others before their own.
Woodward also discusses the importance of character in leadership. He argues that leaders must be people of good character who are committed to doing the right thing, even when it is difficult.
Launching a Leadership Revolution: Mastering the Five Levels of Influence
In Launching a Leadership Revolution, Woodward introduces his "Five Levels of Influence" model. He argues that there are five different levels of influence that leaders can operate at:
- Level 1: Positional Influence: This is the lowest level of influence and is based on the position of authority that a person holds.
- Level 2: Relational Influence: This level of influence is based on the relationships that a person has with others.
- Level 3: Expertise Influence: This level of influence is based on the knowledge and skills that a person has.
- Level 4: Character Influence: This level of influence is based on the character of a person.
- Level 5: Purpose Influence: This is the highest level of influence and is based on the person's ability to inspire others to achieve a common goal.
Woodward argues that the most effective leaders are those who are able to operate at all five levels of influence.
RESOLVED: 13 Resolutions for LIFE
In RESOLVED: 13 Resolutions for LIFE, Woodward shares 13 resolutions that he believes everyone should make. These resolutions are designed to help people live happier, healthier, and more fulfilling lives.
The 13 resolutions are:
- I will be grateful for what I have.
- I will live in the present moment.
- I will be kind to myself and others.
- I will forgive myself and others.
- I will let go of the past.
- I will focus on my strengths.
- I will take care of my health.
- I will pursue my dreams.
- I will give back to others.
- I will live my life with integrity.
- I will be courageous.
- I will be humble.
- I will live my life with purpose.
Woodward argues that by making these 13 resolutions, people can create a life that they love.
Orrin Woodward's books are a valuable resource for anyone who wants to develop their leadership skills and achieve their goals. His books are written in a clear and concise style, and they are packed with practical advice. You can read the detail of Orrin Woodward's life story and wiki for more information.
If you are looking for a book to help you become a better leader, I highly recommend that you read one of Orrin Woodward's books. You will not be disappointed.