Move to Spain with Such Simple Steps!

Planning to move to Spain but don’t know how to get a residence visa? Well, you’ve come to the right place! Let’s discuss how to obtain a residence visa Spain, whether you’re an EU (European Union) citizen or non-EU citizen. Also, we’d discuss the documents you’d need, the application process, and the different types of residence visas available.

What kind of resident were you before?

        • EU Citizen

If you are an EU citizen, you are entitled to live in Spain without a Spanish residency visa. However, you must register as a resident with the local police within three months of arriving in Spain. As part of this registration process, you will need to provide evidence of your identity and address.

  • NON-EU Citizen

For non-EU citizens, however, there are different types of residence visas available depending on the length of stay in Spain.

Short-term visas are valid for up to 90 days and are generally used for vacation or business-related trips.

Long-term visas are valid for up to one year and are used for those wishing to stay in Spain for a longer period of time.

Permanent residence visas are available for those living in Spain for five years or more and wishing to remain indefinitely.

When applying for any type of residence visa, certain documents must be provided:

  • Proof of identity (passport)
  • Proof of health insurance and a valid entry visa (if required).
  • You may also be asked to provide financial documents such as bank statements or a letter from your employer confirming your income.

It is also important to note that each type of visa requires different evidence, so it is important to check the specific requirements before submitting your application.

The Next Step

The next step would be to submit the application, which can be done either in person at the Spanish consulate or embassy near you or online via their website. The processing time varies depending on the type of visa requested but typically takes between two and four weeks. It is also important to note that applicants must be present in Spain during the processing time, as it is illegal to enter Spain with an expired entry visa.

About TorreviejaTranslation:

TorreviejaTranslation is popular for its expert guidance to people relocating to Torrevieja Spain from the USA, Georgia, and other parts of the world. TorreviejaTranslation can also help you with the documentation required for a short or long-term, or even permanent residence in Spain.

Visit to get more relocation guidance from experts.

Original Source:

In case you have found a mistake in the text, please send a message to the author by selecting the mistake and pressing Ctrl-Enter.
Comments (0)

    No comments yet

You must be logged in to comment.

Sign In / Sign Up