If you also have an LG device, then you might be undergoing a similar situation as well. We all use our smartphones to click all sorts of pictures on the go and losing them can be a nightmare. That is why it is recommended to transfer pictures from our LG phone to a computer on a regular basis. In this guide, I’m going to explain the same so that you can transfer pictures from LG phone to PC without any technical hassle.
The most common and effective way to copy photos to your PC (from your Lg Stylo 5) is to do it via a USB cable. Just plug your phone to a PC using a USB cable and wait for a notification to pop up on your phone. This notification usually tells you that your device is charging. For some phones, it prompts the user to choose from several options. Just swipe down the notification and choose either “Transfer Photos" or “Transfer Files. For smartphone users who don’t see such notification, you may go to Settings → Developer Options → Networking → USB Configuration then tap on MTP (Media Transfer Protocol).
Transfer Photos from LG Phone to Computer via MobileTrans - Backup
As you can see, the above method can be pretty time-consuming and might not transfer all photos at once. To overcome this, you can simply use MobileTrans – Backup that can transfer pictures from LG phone to computer with a single click. Besides that, you can also transfer contacts from LG phone to computer or other data types like your videos, songs, messages, notes, and more. The application fully supports every leading Android model and also lets us restore our data from an existing backup as well. There are also several other data transfer solutions of MobileTrans that you can utilize to manage your files.
- Launch the Backup tool: Go to the official website of MobileTrans and download the application on your system first. Now, connect your LG phone to the computer with working USB cables and launch the application. From its home, you can select the “Backup” option to start with.
Backup your LG phone: In no time, the application would automatically display the snapshot of your LG phone and list the type of data you can save. From here, just select what you wish to transfer (like Photos/Videos) and click on the “Start” button. That’s it! With just one click, you would be able to download photos from LG phone to PC using MobileTrans. Simply hold on for a while and keep your device connected to the system till the backup process is completed.
Restore your Backup: If you want, you can also restore a previously existing backup from MobileTrans to your device as well. For this, connect your phone to the PC and select the “Restore” option from its home. Choose the option to restore a MobileTrans backup, select the backup file of your choice, and further mark the data types you wish to move. Click on the “Start” button in the end and wait as your backup file would be restored to your phone.
Using Google Photos to transfer photos on your Lg Stylo 5
Alternatively, you can use Google Photos to copy photos from your phone to PC. This can be done when you sync and back up all your photos and videos on Google Photos. To do this, just follow these steps:
- Make sure you have set up your Google Account on your smartphone.
- Open the Google Photos app on your phone.
- Then go to its Menu (you can find this at the top).
- Find Settings then look for Back-up & Sync
- Tap / check to turn on back-up and sync.
- When you do this, all your photos and videos will be saved simultaneously to your Google Photos account (via WiFi). To retrieve these photos on PC, just turn on your PC and go to photos.google.com.
Then sign in with your Google Account, and you will gain access to all your backed-up photos and videos right away! You can click on any photo and download it to save it on your PC. Just click on “More Options" on the upper right corner of the photo, and you will see a download option.
Using Hi Suite to transfer photos
For Huawei phone users, you can use the HI Suite. This program is exclusive for Huawei users, and it provides an easy way to transfer different files from your phone to PC (and other devices). It also functions as a backup device for all data and settings on your phone, and it can be used to retrieve and copy photos to your PC. Just follow the steps below:
- Connect your Huawei and PC with the use of a USB cable.
- Go to your phone’s Settings and search for “HDB" on the top search bar.
- Tap on “Allow HI Suite to use HDB.
- You have to agree on certain terms and policies to make use of the function.
- To backup your photos and videos, tap on Backup and select the “DCIM" or Camera folder where your images are saved.
- You can access all these backed-up files (including photos) on your PC through HI Suite. Just don’t forget to install HI Suite on your PC too!
Transfer Specific Photos Using Google Drive on the Lg Stylo 5
- Since you are using a Google phone you can transfer your photos first to Google Drive. To do this, tap on the GOOGLE DRIVE app on your phone to open it.
- Tap on the plus (+) icon from the homepage of GOOGLE DRIVE
- From here, you can start uploading the photos you want by selecting them from your storage device.
- To download your photos to GOOGLE DRIVE, open GOOGLE DRIVE on your computer and log in to your account.
- Choose which photos you want and then from the given options, select to download them into your PC.
- Transfer Photos from Google Pixel to a Computer using a third party application
- There are also different programs you can use to transfer photos from your Google Pixel phone to a computer. These include Mobile Trans – Backup, Free Syncios Mobile Manager, ApowerManager, and Droid Transfer.
Transfer Photos using MobileTrans
- Connect your Pixel phone to your computer using your USB cable.
- Open the MobileTrans app on your computer and choose BACKUP.
- Once your phone is detected, the snapshot will be shown on the screen.
- Enable the PHOTOS option from the list of selected data types.
- Finally, click on START and your photos will be moved to your computer.
Transfer Photos using Free Syncios Mobile Manager
- Install and launch the Free Syncios Mobile Manager app on your computer. Choose BACKUP mode from the list of choices.
- The program should turn to the GOOGLE PIXEL to computer transfer window.
- Use your USB cable to connect your phone to the PC. There is a chance that you mey have to enable USB debugging mode on your phone to allow Syncios to connect.
- Wait for the selected files to be fully transferred to your PC.
Transfer Photos Using ApowerManager
- Download and open the ApowerManager on your PC and phone.
- Connect your phone to the PC via the USB cable.
- On the desktop version, choose MANAGE found on the top and go to the PHOTOS tab.
- Choose the photos you want to transfer then click on EXPORT.
- Wait for the photos to be transferred and remove the USB cable.
Also, read: How to Root LG W30 Pro
Transfer Photos Using Droid Transfer
- Install the DROID TRANSFER app on your PC and phone.
- Connect both devices by scanning the QR CODE found on the app’s interface using the TRANSFER COMPANION app on the phone.
- Once both devices are connected, proceed to the PHOTOS tab.
- Choose the photos you want to transfer and click COPY PHOTOS.
- Wait for the photos to be completely transferred to your computer and remove the USB device.
Also, read: Protect Your File With a Password Using PDFBear