A well-rounded education can make a difference in your career. Students nowadays can choose to learn online by using the latest technology. A laptop or smartphone can be beneficial in many ways. However, it's primarily distant learning, an idea that has been used before. It's been around since the 1800s. The University of Queensland in Australia began the Department of Correspondence Studies in 1911.
The online learning industry is growing in popularity. It gained a significant boost after the worldwide pandemic (COVID-19). It is anticipated to grow by a CAGR of 9.1 percent from 2018 to 2026. This article offers more details on the importance of developing software for virtual classrooms, how it can be accomplished, and its advantages.
What is Virtual Classroom Software?
Virtual Classroom Software, as the name implies, permits teachers to conduct their daily class sessions online. Students in large numbers can utilize smartphones, computers, laptops, or laptops to connect to online classes by using the appropriate software.
It could comprise an individual program or multiple software tools to help students study and complete different activities. A few of the most well-known activities that can be performed in this online environment are access to course materials, submitting homework, checking assignments and academic performance, creating the course structure, and assigning grades.
Here are some statistics as well as examples that can help explain it more clearly:
- The industry of mobile e-learning increased by $38 billion in 2020.
- The anticipated growth in the period 2017-2022 is six Billion.
- Modern technologies are used in educational solutions such as VR and AR, gamification, and automation.
- 80 percent of businesses and 50% of educational institutions have employed an e-Learning platform.
- Some examples of eLearning platforms include Zoom, Blackboard collaborates, EdApp along with Deck Toys.
- LinkedIn Learning has over 16,000 courses available in seven languages.
- Skillshare is a massive platform with more than 4 million active users and over 24,000 classes.
The Popularity of Digital Classroom Solutions
Learning online can be achieved through various methods, including audio and video conferences, real-time chat whiteboards, online educational materials, and many more. This learning method benefits numerous institutions, including schools, educational institutions, the government, and businesses and workers, to improve their abilities. Technology has been developing over the past few years, allowing for improved and more efficient learning and custom solutions tailored to the specific needs of the eLearning solution.
One of the significant factors behind the rise in the popularity of eLearning applications:
- The convenience of learning at home with a laptop or computer is much more enjoyable than learning in other places than the campus of a college or school, such as a park or library. Virtual classes permit individuals to participate in the course live wherever they prefer.
- Students are more likely to skip introductory classes because of being engaged in various activities or sporting trips. With the advent of online learning opportunities, you can eliminate this.
- Students who live in remote areas frequently require assistance to get to their classrooms daily. Online education is ideal for those living in these regions. Students can attend any school to earn higher education and qualifications.
- One of the major problems students need help finding materials for their studies. In a digital classroom, study materials include books, textbooks and notes, assignments, and solutions. They are easily accessible for students who are authorized to access them through accounts.
- The pandemic swept the globe and was a problem for all businesses and educational institutions. Many institutions transformed their learning classes into online learning with various solutions, ranging from existing tools to custom-designed solutions.
Here are some data points that support the idea:
- Udemy is an online learning platform with over 20,000 professionals and 12 million users.
- Teachable has 7500 instructors with more than 20,000 online classes with 3 million users.
- 63 percent of students in the USA use online tools for learning.
- The online corporate learning market is growing and could be at least $50 billion by 2026.
Main Features For Online Classroom Software Development
In terms of Digital Classroom solutions, you can find numerous kinds of creative tools with hire remote developers. Here are a few of the essential features:
- Video Conferencing lets students see the instructor live while conducting the lesson. It could be a tutorial or a class that utilizes classroom facilities. This could include observing what's being drawn on the chalkboard and the computer screen.
- Help Desk Accessible help desk that students can use to access and receive technical support in case of any problem related to the video conference or other features.
- Courses: All courses are listed for students to peruse. Students can also structure the system of their preference and arrange it in a schedule.
- Study material: Students have access to the study materials online, along with the assignment, reference materials and notes, lectures, and other materials to help with their current course. Students avoid the hassle of chasing after the course material.
- Notifications The notification feature works as teachers and students receive crucial information according to their settings. These could be reminders at the beginning of the following lecture for a student or a reminder to the teacher or lecturer to plan their teaching schedule for the entire day.
- File storage: Options for storing files are available to lecturers and students. Students can save lecture videos for reference when assigned assignments or while studying. Lectures can also be reserved for easy access in class. They can also use it in future courses or for making changes.
- Evaluation of performance for students studying online, taking classes online, and submitting their work online, is logical for teachers to evaluate them online. It's also possible for students to view their performance assessments online.
- Screen sharing: Professors can use their screens to share with students to create a more engaging teaching session.
- Digital certificate: The students are given their credentials online, typically by email, and available for download.
- Administration: It's easier for the administrator to manage all students and classes through the control panel online.
How is it Beneficial?
Everyone can benefit in one way or another from the virtual classroom management software, which includes students, teachers, and even the institute. The following are the significant advantages:
- Teachers can better control their class structure, and students can benefit from the online teaching method. It lets teachers utilize various modern tools to help drive their messages into their students' heads. Additionally, it helps students understand the subject more interactively.
- This is the most convenient choice for teachers as well as students. Students are not required to miss a class because they can go to it from anywhere, regardless of whether they're away playing sports, participating in a variety of activities, or trying to manage the demands of their unique life with schoolwork. Teachers should not cancel classes when they're away, as they can do so from anywhere.
- One of the most significant challenges professionals have is fitting their studying sessions within their busy schedules. A virtual classroom can solve this problem since it cuts down on time traveling between the school.
- Virtual learning sessions let students learn at their speed.
- Students can record live lessons for later use.
- The course is accessible worldwide with no substantial effort. You can increase the effectiveness of their system or classroom by simply putting it online and ensuring everyone can access it.
- It lets students control their time and learn more interactively.
- Teachers can develop new study materials, adopt an integrated approach, and employ modern technology to help students learn more efficiently.
- Educational institutions can profit in terms of financial gain by charging the students for accessing the classes.
Tips to Develop a Virtual Classroom Software
Virtual classroom software can be customized for every application and comprises many procedures. It may include an archive of the classes and recommend courses based on preferences, process registrations and enroll students, automate assessments, perform analysis, and so on.
Here are some ideas on how to build this kind of software
- Get information on the fundamental needs of the course to ensure that you are aware of the necessity for online learning solutions.
- It is vital to create an amount of money to develop the solution. Also, it would be best to research the possible development costs following your particular needs.
- There are various kinds of virtual classroom software. Therefore it is crucial to be aware of the needs and objectives of creating the software before contacting a virtual Software design firm.
- An ideation session should accompany the process of planning the software. This is essential because it is time to determine the number of features they want to include and what kind of solution they wish to develop.
- Contact the experts at Acquaint Softtech to start the process of designing and developing.
- The cost of developing this software will be contingent on many factors, such as the scope of the project, delivery method, whether it's a website or mobile device, as well as the features that will be offered.
- This solution will require basic modules: registration and course scheduling, assessment and real-time classes, and payment and teacher management modules.
Cost to Build Virtual Classroom Software
The cost of developing this kind of software varies on many variables:
- It is based on the program's purpose, what it's intended to be used for, and the way it will be utilized.
- Virtual classroom software designed for an educational institution will differ from a company's requirements.
- One could choose from mobile apps, websites, or custom software.
- The whereabouts of the development company or developer's location will affect the project's price. Development companies operating in countries like the USA, UK, Australia, and other European countries typically charge more money. In contrast, those located in Asian countries are less expensive in the cost of development, similar to the ones in India.
- It also varies depending on its complexity or sophistication of it. Simple solutions are bound to be less expensive. However, adding additional features that utilize advanced technology like AR/VR is also possible. The app or website is more expensive.
- The majority of the expense is for quality assurance and development.
- Other processes can also cost, including the design of UI/UX and analysis, as well as research and project and program management.
It is a solution for software that other developers can create. Hire remote developers is also not recommended since it could be more costly. The most effective solution is employing developers similar to Acquaint Softtech.
Common Applications of eLearning Solution
The use of eLearning is growing in popularity. Many websites, apps, and software provide various learning options. The most popular kinds of eLearning options include:
- Website: Website-based learning solutions for students who want to study online. Students can access their lectures and course materials and learn online. The main characteristics offered by this learning method are the use of text, images, and videos to make learning more engaging.
- Virtual classroom A virtual classroom software lets you connect your classroom with teachers using various tools to instruct from home, and all students can attend the class from home.
- Microlearning: This innovative training method is becoming more popular, particularly with corporate clients. It usually involves a 10-minute module that imparts the necessary information while ensuring a higher retention rate and practical learning. This is a perfect corporate training plan.
- Mobile Learning Mobile Learning is one of the most effective techniques for all classes because it's accessible to each student. It's convenient and flexible. It is ideal for a variety of courses. Using the latest technologies, such as AR and VR, is much easier.
- Training on product knowledge: Nearly every company has to deal with getting employees acquainted with the software they have in place. Making a custom training course for employees and making it accessible online can help in achieving the goal. It streamlines the process of business and helps in the process of learning for all employees.
- Software training: Corporate utilizes professional software that is essential for routine operation. A customized training solution that instructs employees on the company's needs and uses the software is highly efficient. It is accessible anytime, anywhere, reducing common mistakes and interruptions. This technique helps teach software programs like Microsoft Outlook, AutoCAD, Adobe software such as Photoshop, and many more.
Are eLearning Solutions the Future?
The eLearning tools incorporate microlearning, gamification, video-based, and social learning to make learning exciting, interactive, and practical. There are many reasons to believe that the future of eLearning is bright and will continue to gain popularity shortly:
- It's the digital revolution, and more and more people are using electronic devices and the Internet to accomplish various tasks, including learning.
- Online learning is more convenient and allows teachers more flexibility.
- The online platform has access to multiple tools and features that aid understanding.
- The process of assessing is quicker and easier.
- This technique helps lower costs for educators, students, teachers, and the educational institution.
- 70% of high school students in the USA make use of digital devices every day
- 45 percent of elementary school students and 64 percent of middle school students in the USA utilize at least one educational software daily.
The technology industry is continually developing, which means there is a more excellent and diverse array of solutions for the education sector that offer online education. Software for virtual classes is efficient for all kinds of students, including college students, school students, professional courses, and corporate.
The increasing use of electronic devices and the increasing number of students who prefer to study online indicate that online study platforms will only grow in popularity. A professional software development firm like Acquaint Softtech to develop your customized virtual classroom software could be very advantageous.
What is it cost to build an eLearning application?
Many variables determine the cost of creating an eLearning application. One of the significant aspects is the selection of the platform. Other aspects include how the demands are met and the development company.
Which equipment is needed to create an online class?
Based on the method, the user can utilize smartphones, laptops, tablets, PC, or laptops to access the online course.
What are the primary characteristics of the Virtual Classroom?
The main characteristics of a virtual classroom comprise the following:
- Real-time online classroom
- The course syllabus is accessible via the syllabus for the course.
- Downloadable study material, notes, assignments, & submissions.
- Watch recorded classes for reference.
- Higher quality of interactivity
What exactly is the software for virtual classrooms?
The virtual classroom program lets students learn in a virtual classroom by using their mobile phone or laptop, or any other electronic device.
Which is the best example of a virtual school?
Some examples of eLearning platforms include Zoom, Blackboard collaborates, EdApp along with Deck Toys.