The human pursuit of well-being encourages many to explore alternatives to conventional healthcare approaches. As a result, the technique of acupuncture dry needling has become a popular choice for health-conscious individuals. It is based on the ancient Chinese medicine technique and targets specific points on the body. Let’s find out how integrating acupuncture into your wellness routine can be beneficial.
What is acupuncture dry needling?
It is a therapeutic technique in which thin needles are inserted into the body at specific points. These needles are inserted into trigger points, bands of muscles or connective tissues. These points are specific areas that contribute to pain and discomfort. By inserting the needles, the body’s natural healing response gets activated and the patient feels pain relief, relaxation and improved blood flow.
What are the benefits of dry needling physical therapy?
Dry needling is a form of rehabilitation that is employed in combination with chiropractic care and massage jacksonville fl. The concept of correcting energy flow in the body has potential benefits.
- Pain relief: Inserting fine needles into the trigger points is particularly effective in muscle pain and joint discomfort. If you go for multiple sessions of dry needling acupuncture, you will notice a remarkable improvement in pain symptoms.
- Muscle relaxation: Dry needling can also target tensed muscles. It is studied that inserting these needles releases endorphins and the patient experiences a sense of mental and emotional calmness.
- Improved blood circulation: Dry needling stimulates blood flow and leads to overall wellbeing. When blood flow is improved nutrients and oxygen transport efficiently throughout the body. As a result, you will notice a significant reduction in reduced inflammation and an overall sense of wellness.
- Enhanced energy levels: Health issues arise when energy pathways are blocked. The technique of dry needling targets specific pain points and balances the flow of energy. It enhances the balance of emotional and physical health.
- Overall wellness: Developing a wellness routine with regular sessions of dry needling works remarkably for those who are pursuing various healthcare therapies. For instance, if you are undergoing physical therapy and corrective exercises or chiropractic care for pain management, integrating dry needling might speed up the recovery process.
How much does dry needling cost?
The number of sessions determines the cost of the treatment. Usually, the per-session charges range between $50 and $150. The cost of this treatment also depends on the location and the experience of the practitioner. The cost of the treatment may increase if the healthcare facility offers a broader treatment plan of jacksonville chiropractic. Understand the insurance coverage options and you will be able to make this treatment affordable.
Is it worth spending on dry needling acupuncture?
Considering the potential benefits listed above, it can be said that if you pursue wellness, acupuncture dry needling is worth exploring. Research suggests that it is effective, safe, side effect free and even cost effective considering its long-lasting benefits.
Including acupuncture dry needling into your wellness routine is good for your health and well-being. The unique approach caters to both physical and emotional needs. For personalized and safe sessions, schedule an appointment at Jacksonville Chiropractic and Acupuncture facility. They have certified practitioners to offer personalized dry needling physical therapy.