- Cefpodoxime is an antibiotic commonly prescribed for dogs to treat various bacterial infections.
- While generally safe, some potential side effects may occur in dogs receiving cefpodoxime.
- Common side effects include gastrointestinal upset, such as vomiting, diarrhea, and loss of appetite.
- Allergic reactions, such as itching, hives, or difficulty breathing, may occur in rare cases and require immediate veterinary attention.
- Cefpodoxime may also disrupt the normal balance of bacteria in the gut, leading to secondary infections like diarrhea or overgrowth of certain bacteria.
- If your dog experiences any unusual symptoms or adverse reactions while taking cefpodoxime, it is important to consult your veterinarian for guidance.
What Are The Side Effects Of Cefpodoxime in Dogs?
In case you have found a mistake in the text, please send a message to the author by selecting the mistake and pressing Ctrl-Enter.