QuickBooks offers you an easier and effective way to processed transactions directly into the company records. Sometimes, while entering the payment, users may encounter QuickBooks Error 3120. The error majorly occurs when you are trying to enter the transactions that are already mentioned in the QuickBooks records.
Are you facing Error 3120 while working in QuickBooks application? If yes, then stick to this blog until the end.
In this blog, we will provide you detail explanation of the possible reasons that triggers error 3120 along with the best troubleshooting steps. So stay tuned! In case of any doubt, feel free to contact us at our toll-free number (1-855)-856-0042 to get an expert’s advice. You can also reach our website to grasp more information about QuickBooks.
QuickBooks Error 3120 – An Overview
Errors are unpredictable in the application; they can occur due to a variety of reason. Error 3120 appears while downloading a payment that was failed, but when you did through an invoice, it was valid. The error signifies that the specific object is missing or cannot be found. The primary situation when this error occurs is when the deals or buy request are not up to the mark.
The error appears on the screen with an error message that states:
Object: “800000-1349276859” specified in the request cannot be found—QuickBooks error message: Invalid argument. The specified record does not exist in the list.
Error Code – 3120
Please contact your Software Vendor.
Once you receive this error message, QuickBooks offers you an option to continue using QuickBooks by clicking on Yes button. But, pressing yes button won’t resolve the error. Therefore you must perform additional troubleshooting steps to fix this error.
Recommended to read: How to fix QuickBooks Error 15276
Possible Causes of QuickBooks Error 3120
- Inappropriate Account mapping could the most apparent reason.
- If users have removed the initial exchange in QuickBooks application.
- Damaged QuickBooks Data could also be the reason.
- The error may occur when the business arrange in Rapid Inventory is scratched off.
A simple way to resolve QuickBooks Error 3120
- At first, open your QuickBooks Point of Sale application.
- Go to the File section and click on the Preferences option.
- Now, click on Company button and then choose Account.
- Ensure that the accounts are mapped accurately under both Basic and Advanced tab.
- The accounts which are not mapped correctly will be highlighted, and then you can select it to map them.
- Finally, go to the financial exchange section and make sure to activate the Default QuickBooks Mapping option.
Also read this blog: Here’s How to Open QBW File without QuickBooks