Many users of Spotify Music have been experiencing problems where they are unable to play songs from within the player itself. Depending on the situation, some users may not have the ability to play a particular song, or any of the songs from an album. Now, some users came across an error message that could be confusing if you have no idea what’s going on.
It annoys when you want to listen to a song and an error message “Spotify can’t play this right now, If you have a file on your computer you can import it”, appears, again and again. This error encounters usually due to problems in the application or computer or the unavailability of the songs in a particular region. Due to this error, the Spotify app gets slow and causes glitches. Usually restarting the application and computer can solve this issue. But if they don’t work, the following methods will help you in fixing the issue.
Why does Spotify keep saying can’t play this right now?
The reason behind this situation could have a lot to do with audio drivers, or in another instance, Spotify itself may have issues with corruption.
Why is Spotify giving me an error message?
Spotify, despite being one of the best apps for listening to music, is not perfect. From time-to-time users will find themselves dealing with one or multiple error codes, and the cause for this varies.
- On the computer, you can import a track from your local drive. You can share a link to it with your friends. On the other hand, your friend will see that the app is unable to play the current tune since it is unavailable in his area.
- When you play the music that isn’t available in your location, you’ll get the same error message saying that Spotify can’t play this right now. Some of the music may not be playable in certain areas due to copyright difficulties.
- When the online player isn’t working correctly, it may stop playing songs. As a result, it’s helpful to see whether the web player is down.
- After six months of being a free membership user, I was only allowed to play a single tune five times. When I got tired of it, I discovered that Spotify is unable to play the current song.
- Mistakes in your account settings can result in the error: Spotify can’t play this right now.
Fix Spotify can’t play this right now error on Windows 11/10
Solving this problem may require the user to perform multiple actions, but nothing is designed to have you around the computer for a long time. The information below should help you in more ways than one, hopefully.
- Restart your computer
- Disable Spotify’s hardware acceleration feature
- Delete the local Spotify cache files
- Change the streaming quality on Spotify
- Change the speaker Output format
- Ensure the Output device is set to Default
- Uninstall & reinstall Spotify.
Restart the Spotify app and your device
Before changing any settings: Close the application on your PC or phone. Make sure that it’s not running in the background. Proceed to restart your device. Check if the error is gone.
Also, read: All Spiderman Movies In Order You Should Know
Change speaker’s properties
Reduce your sound default format to lower than 192000 Hz (Studio Quality). On Windows 10, go to Settings > Sound > Output > Device Properties > Additional Device Properties. In the new tab, select Advanced and reduce the format to anything below 192000 Hz.
Reduce the music streaming quality
On your Spotify app, go to Settings > Music Quality > Streaming Quality. Select ‘Automatic’ so it adjusts the quality of tracks according to your internet connection speed. Note that you should restart the app for the settings to apply.
Also, read: How To Disable Automatic Startup On Spotify
Disable hardware acceleration
Go to your Spotify app Settings and click Preferences. From there, find ‘Hardware Acceleration’ and uncheck it. This should resolve “Can’t Play This Right Now” after restarting the application.
How to Fix the “Can’t Play the Current Track” Issue on Windows 10
- First, try restarting your computer. This is the simplest and most obvious solution to a lot of PC and app issues, and it is highly effective in a lot of cases.
- If this doesn’t work, try disabling Spotify’s hardware acceleration feature.
- If you are still facing the issue, clear out Spotify’s local cache — this is another fix that is often successful in many cases.
- You can also change the streaming quality on Spotify. On most devices, you will have the choice of the following playback tiers: 24 kbps (Low), 96 kbps (Normal), 160 kbps (High), and 320 kbps (Very High). Switching to lower streaming quality may also help you get rid of the “Can’t play this track” error.
- Finally, if none of the solutions above have worked, you may have to reinstall your audio drivers.
Also, read: Old Hotmail Sign In- How To Access Your Account