In the food industry, there are lots of standards that are required to be follow to ensure the safety produced. Then, what is the meaning of BRC and What are the responsibilities of organizations? The full name of BRC is British Retail Consortium which was first published in 1998. Developing the food industries, it is enhancing globally specified benchmarks for the highest standards in food safety, quality, and responsibility, with more than 17,000 BRC-certified locations globally. The standard, which is currently in its ninth edition, provides businesses in the food industry with a framework for controlling the security, reliability, and Caliber of their goods and services.
What the BRC Food Safety Standard Includes?
The Global Standard for Food Safety outlines specifications for how processed foods and other products (such as branded foods, retailer-brand foods, or components used by food service businesses, caterers, or manufacturers) should be created or prepared. Only goods that are created, processed, or kept at the location that is being audited as part of the certification will be accepted.
Seven Sections Make up the Standard:
- Consistent Progress and Commitment from Senior Management: Your organization's food safety procedures must be put into place and regularly improved by your senior managers.
- The HACCP Food Safety Plan: You can recognize and handle any biological, chemical, or physical risks that could render the food you produce unfit for consumption by putting a Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) plan in place.
- System for Ensuring Food Safety and Quality: Implementing a system will help you meet consumer expectations, provide safe products, and make sure your employees are properly trained.
- Site Guidelines: Sites where you make or prepare food must be set up, kept up, cleaned, and guarded by tight regulations. Additionally, the standards for the management of pests and alien objects must be met by your company.
- Product Control: You must show that you handle issues like allergens, provenance, and product testing correctly if you want your items to be regarded as safe.
- Process Management: To ensure that you manufacture your items to the proper quality, you must consistently implement your HACCP plan and have efficient procedures in place.
- Personnel: Training, safety gear, and hygiene are all included in this section of the standard. Make sure that every member of the staff has everything they require to do their duties safely. BRC 9 aims to advance best practices and guarantee that businesses operate by strict, uniform criteria. By obtaining the BRC certification, you can reassure your clients that you are an expert at maintaining and enhancing the quality and safety of your products and that you have taken all reasonable precautions to avoid issues if these factors are ever questioned.
About BRC Food Safety Training
Certificationconsultancy.com provides a BRC Food safety presentation kit that helps employees and management personals to understand detailed requirements of BRC standard for Food Safety Issue 9. This kit is prepared by a high qualified BRC consultant. This kit is written in simple English language. With over 100 clients globally achieving BRCGS Standards certification and successfully implementing the BRC standard, this custom-designed PowerPoint presentation is designed to effectively communicate the message and establish better understanding.