Did you know that there are 2.2 million apps available in the Apple App Store and 2.87 million in the Google Play Store? It is evident from these figures that mobile app development has become the need of the hour for businesses across sectors.
Two of the most popular platforms for mobile app development are iOS and Android. Each of these platforms requires a distinct kind of coding for application development. This made it difficult for clients and mobile app development companies to design two different apps for two platforms.
That’s where cross-platform applications come in. Cross-platform application development is the process of creating mobile applications that work across several platforms. Apps are developed utilising a single programming language in this type of development, which, from a business perspective, is quicker and more efficient.
Flutter, a cross-platform app development tool, provides a time and money-saving solution while enabling developers to work with efficiency. Flutter allows apps to operate across several platforms with little to no coding changes.
Features of Flutter
- Hot reload
- Fast performance
- Open source
- Easy to learn
- High productivity
- Google Firebase support
- Cross-platform development
List of top companies that use Flutter
- eBay Motors
What makes Flutter the best choice for mobile application development?
Here are the reasons that make Flutter the most preferred platform for developing mobile apps:
- Cross-platform framework: Flutter offers substantial cost savings when developing mobile apps because it eliminates the requirement for two separate native apps. Using the cross-platform framework, you can simultaneously build iOS and Android applications using the same code base, which results in faster product development.
- Cost-effectiveness: Flutter's most recent upgrades make it possible to create apps for mobile, desktop, web, and embedded devices with a single codebase. With the help of Flutter, developers can reuse the native codebase across several platforms with slight modifications. This significantly reduces the price of testing, quality assurance, maintenance, and general development.
- Pre-built widgets: The app development process using Flutter is simple, easy, and effective. Pre-built widgets eliminate the need to build every piece of code from scratch, greatly accelerating coding.
- Rich integrations: App development using Flutter enables seamless connections with well-known cloud platforms. This helps develop features like analytics, cloud storage, authentication, accident reporting, and more.
- An adaptable user interface: Flutter assists in building fantastic UIs for both iOS and Android. Flutter-powered Minimum Viable Products (MVP) can be successfully introduced to the initial audience in this way. You may create a range of motions and animations to make your app's interface appealing and beautiful with the aid of Flutter’s pre-built widgets and UI features.
What is MVP?
MVP is an acronym for Minimum Viable Product, a concept from Lean Startup that focuses on validating a product idea with customers early in the development lifecycle. An MVP's main advantage is that it allows you to gauge customer interest in your product before it has been fully developed.
Hot reload feature: It is significantly more straightforward for developers to write and control the code because changes made to the app are immediately displayed on the screen. The development process is shortened and accelerated due to quicker debugging and reduced chances of delays and failures.
What is the hot reload feature?
Hot reload one of the most popular features of Flutter. It helps the developer in UI creation, error correction, experimentation, and the inclusion of new features. A hot reload is carried out by injecting the most recent source code into the virtual machine.
Flutter is not just an excellent MVP framework but also the best option for most startups looking to scale up and accelerate digital transformation. It is the best approach to quickly deliver a mobile app for iOS and Android platforms. Additionally, you can finish app development using Flutter with a far smaller team than you would require to construct two native mobile apps.
Looking for experts who can deliver cutting-edge digital transformation services? Skillmine can help.
No comments yet
Sign In / Sign Up