Whether it's Apple Music, iCloud, App Store, or iMessage, your Apple ID gives you access to many apps and features in the Apple ecosystem, and that's just the tip of the iceberg. You can connect your new Apple device with Apple ID to enjoy seamless services. It is recommended to have a strong password with Apple ID to get access to everything and more. However, with growing cyber threats, it is easy for someone to compromise their Apple ID password.
How to change your Apple ID password on your iOS device?
Let's see how to properly change your Apple ID password on an iPad, iPhone, or Apple Watch. Let's see the step-by-step instructions for the following.
- First, launch the 'Settings app on the concerned iOS device (iPhone, Apple Watch, or iPad).
- Go to 'Password and Security.
- Find and tap on 'Choose Password'.
- On the next screen, you will be asked to enter the passcode of the device you want to enter. Next, enter 'New Password' and confirm the new password.
- Next, tap on 'Convert'.
- Back up to the main settings screen and use the login option to use 'New Password'. Once this is confirmed, you can remove any Apple services and features on any Apple device using the new Apple ID password.
How to change your Apple ID password on your Mac?
Let's see how you can change your Apple ID password on your Mac using the step-by-step instructions mentioned below.
- First, go to 'System Preferences on your Mac and tap on the 'Apple ID tile.
- Next, tap on 'Password and Security and then, tap on 'Change Password.
- Here you need to enter the passcode used on the Mac device.
- Enter a new password because the old password has been compromised or you have forgotten it for some reason. Enter the new password again to confirm and verify the new secure Apple ID password.
- Hit the 'Change' button and you should see a new password floating up.
Also, Read: How to Check Apple Gift Card Balance
How to change your Apple ID password online?
Let's see how to change your Apple ID password using the website. Follow the steps mentioned below.
- First, go to www.appleid.apple.com.
- Next, click on 'Sign In' on the top menu bar and sign in to your Apple ID account on the website.
- Tap on 'Login and Security.
- Tap on 'Password'.
- Enter the current password along with the new password and re-enter the new password to confirm before proceeding.
- Since we are discussing resetting the new password in case the old password is breached or linked, it is better to select 'Sign out of all Apple devices.
- Finally, tap on 'Change Password' and you have successfully changed your Apple ID password.
There are various options from Apple to reset your iCloud or Apple ID password. Your account configuration will determine which approach is best for you to take. We strongly recommend using 2FA with your Apple ID. Additionally, you should create legacy contacts so that your family can access your iCloud data after you graduate. Apple introduced them with iOS 15 as a way to transfer your iCloud data after you've passed.