Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR) are rapidly expanding technologies that are transforming how people see and interact with the world. As with all new technologies, there are a lot of questions about how they will affect society. AR/VR has already changed how eCommerce is conducted; however, there is no doubt it'll continue to change the way we shop as more companies look at ways to integrate this technology into their websites.
New technologies are released each year, and various technologies and trends are adopted every year for the development of websites. This is a brief list of them:
- Artificial Intelligence
- Virtual Reality
- Augmented Reality
- Blockchain Technology
- Voice User Interfaces (VUI)
- Natural Language Processing (NLP)
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Headless CMS
This article explains the ways AR/VR technology will affect eCommerce website solutions.
Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality are Both Rapidly Growing Technologies
Augmented Reality, as well as Virtual Reality are both rapidly expanding technologies that are rapidly growing. With the introduction of AR/VR, technology is evolving at an alarming speed, and it will only accelerate as these technologies become more well-known and accessible. Augmented Reality (AR) allows users to view virtual objects in real-world settings using their devices, like tablets or smartphones. The objects are interactive and allow users to interact with every other object they see daily.
It means that companies have the potential to provide immersive experiences to customers who would not be able to access their physical stores due to distance or time limitations. It could be anything from selling products online using AR technology rather than traditional ways (e-commerce) or advertising campaigns targeted at specific segments based on where those populations reside geographically to allow companies to reach out directly through mobile devices instead of relying only on print ads.
Here are some statistics that support the idea:
- The market value of AR retailing in 2021 was 1.9 Billion in 2021, and it is expected to grow to 2.5 Billion by 2023.
- The market value of VR retail was estimated at 2 billion in 2021 and will be close to 2.5 Billion by 2023.
- The global size of the AI market by 2023 will be 8.49 Billion dollars.
- 70% of customers who have bought at VR Stores say that 70% of those who shopped from VR Stores have purchased.
- IKEA has incorporated AR/VR technology in an impressive way that allows customers to use this technology to find the most desirable furniture.
- Additionally, Amazon has implemented Augmented Reality, allowing customers to purchase more efficiently.
- BMW, as well as Lenskart, have also adopted this technology, and Lenskart has also incorporated it, with BMW offering a virtual tour of their vehicle and Lenskart permitting you to try different eye care products.
How Will It Impact Society?
As with all new technologies, there are worries about how they will affect society. Here are a few of how AR/VR could alter our lives:
- It could make shopping more convenient and enjoyable. As people become used to observing items in 3D before purchasing them, they'll be less reliant on stores in physical form or catalogs.
- It could make traveling more exciting and immersive than ever by taking us to foreign countries without leaving our homes (or even our bed).
- It could transform education by allowing students to participate in virtual classrooms to interact with teachers and fellow students worldwide. They can also visit historical sites such as Mount Everest or ancient Rome!
What is AR in Website Development?
AR is an interactive technology that lets users engage with the world around them via devices like smartphones. It improves the user experience by putting layers of information over real-world environments and allowing users to interact with their surroundings innovatively.
Retailers often utilize augmented Reality as a component of their marketing strategies; however, there are other ways to utilize it to enhance eCommerce.
What is VR in Website Development?
VR is a computer-generated environment that is experienced using VR headsets. It's also referred to as 3D immersive or immersive. When you go to the website of your phone and view an image of items that are available for purchase, you can view them in 3D by wearing your VR goggles.
AR/VR is Already Changing eCommerce in Many Ways.
AR/VR is already transforming e-commerce in a variety of ways. One of the most obvious is that it will enhance the customer experience by allowing customers to view what they're buying before purchasing it, which helps them feel more confident about their purchase and less likely to return a product if they don't like the item after receiving it. If customers have this kind of control over the shopping experience they have, they're more likely to be able to trust your online store and keep shopping with you.
Another way for retailers to use AR/VR is to provide customers with an improved shopping experience browsing through your mobile or website--and even better, you do not require any extra equipment or software! This functionality is made possible by embedding video players in websites using HTML5 tags for videos (or via WebGL).
It's not a secret that eCommerce is among the fastest-growing sectors in the world. According to HubSpot, the e-commerce industry accounts for 8 percent of retail sales worldwide and is expected to hit four trillion dollars by 2020. This growth isn't showing any signs of slowing anytime soon, making it a thrilling moment for retailers to work in this area. What exactly does AR/VR technology impact the way that customers shop? And, more importantly, how will this impact you as retail store owners? Let's look at the following:
- VR as a shopping tool VR is a device that lets shoppers experience the products in a virtual setting. It could be utilized for sensory and visual experiences, for example, viewing a product's appearance in your home or on you. VR lets you visualize how products appear in various light conditions and settings. This can assist customers in making better decisions about buying depending on how they intend to use the product. For example, if someone is planning to use the ironing board in their room late at night after work and would like it to be close to their bed to ensure they aren't forced to walk across the room while getting dressed or changing their clothes, It is possible that they would prefer something smaller than they normally would.
- AR as an option for buyers: You can utilize AR to showcase your product in its surroundings and then use it by a real-life customer. It is also possible to show buyers how your product would appear on them if they purchase the item and wear it themselves. This is extremely helpful for retailers of clothing who would like their customers to know how their clothes will look before buying them on the internet or off the rack at an outlet store.
- VR as a marketing tool VR can be utilized as an effective marketing tool for promoting brands, products, services, and experiences.
- Product VR is a fantastic medium to showcase the latest products in a manner that is more engaging than static videos. You can zoom in on details and learn how things function without needing to touch them. This is especially useful when you're selling something complex such as electronics or furniture, because it allows buyers to examine your product before deciding to purchase it, which they can't be able to do by browsing through images on your website or in a store display in the window.
- Brand: Creating a perception that you are an expert in your area by displaying your uniqueness as a brand will help customers trust your business for their cash (and time). By creating immersive experiences about what makes you stand out from the rest, whether it's quality artistry or eco-friendly materials, you'll be able to attract more customers looking for these features in their purchases as well!
- AR as a marketing device: AR is a highly effective tool that lets you visualize what a product would look like at home. For instance, if you're looking for furniture online and want to see how it will appear in your living room or bedroom, AR can help you visualize this.
With smartphones equipped with AR, consumers can utilize their cameras to view 3D models of items overlayed in real-world environments that they take photos of using their smartphone camera. These technologies are beginning to transform the shopping habits of consumers. VR and AR are changing how we shop for items and services and how businesses engage with customers. It's not only about buying but as well about selling. The application of VR/AR to the world of e-commerce has been on a rising trend since 2016, with over 1 billion users using it at least once a month until 2022 (IDC).
Although these technologies are in their early stages, they've already begun to alter how we shop. Brands and retailers must seek ways to integrate these innovative technologies into their marketing strategies for both the short-term gain and the long-term benefits that could result from the integration of VR/AR.
Benefits of WebAR
- An increase in sales
- An increase in the engagement of customers
- Increased brand awareness
- Customer loyalty increases
- Increase the return on investment (ROI) and brand image.
What does the future Bring for eCommerce and AR/VR?
Acquaint Softtech is a reputable software development company with the resources to provide the latest technology solutions. We have the experience and experience to create top-quality AR/VR eCommerce solutions, such as websites and mobile apps.
- AR/VR is expected to grow in popularity and usage. As we've seen over the last few years, AR/VR is becoming more accessible to people of all ages. With Facebook's Oculus Rift and Google's Daydream View headsets already on the market, it's only a matter of time before other companies launch their products that allow anyone who owns an iPhone or Android device to experience VR on their mobile devices.
- AR/VR can be used in a variety of fields. As more people embrace these technologies, they will likely have applications outside of gaming and entertainment, too, as in healthcare (medicine) and, education (science) and, real estate (construction) and, travel and hospitality (travel planning), and agriculture & forest management, and many more. There are many possibilities!
- AR/VR will be an integral part of our lives just as cell phones did 20 years ago when anyone owned one, but nowadays, most people carry one everywhere they go, regardless of whether they require the device or not, merely because it makes us feel safer, even though crime rates have decreased dramatically since then.
- The market value of VR Retail is expected to increase to 4.5 billion by 2028, and the AR market to 6.1 Billion.
AR/VR is a great technology for an advantage over your competitors. Contact us now; the Acquaint Softtech team keeps current with the latest technological developments.
Common Applications of AR/VR for eCommerce Websites
The eCommerce industry is constantly changing. Due to recent advances in technology, we've witnessed an increase in the utilization of AR and VR. (AR) as well as virtual Reality (VR). These technologies have numerous uses for eCommerce stores, such as increasing customer engagement and experience, showcasing products using immersive images, and much more. Look at these four ways AR/VR can be utilized on your eCommerce website development today!
VR Shopping Experience
- Virtual reality shopping is a brand-new method of shopping.
- VR shopping is a great way to test out clothes and experience the clothes in 3D.
- VR shopping lets you view products in a context, such as how a furniture appears in your living space.
- Product visualization is an excellent method to showcase your product virtually. It lets you show the product in a real environment that can help convince people to purchase it.
- For instance, a visualization of your product could be helpful when selling furniture online and convincing potential buyers that a new sofa will look stunning in their living space. The buyer can see how the sofa fits into the space and test it before purchasing it (if feasible).
Virtual Reality Ecommerce Storefronts
- Virtual Reality (VR) eCommerce storefronts are an excellent method to engage customers and give them the most immersive shopping experience. Even though VR is in its infancy, the technology could become the norm for online shopping in the next 10 years.
- Apart from being used in eCommerce stores, virtual reality storefronts can also enhance brick-and-mortar retail experiences. A VR storefront lets customers view products from various angles and understand their appearance before purchasing. This lets them make better choices when purchasing things that can't be returned, like appliances or furniture.
360-Degree Videos and Immersion
- 360-degree videos are a fantastic method to showcase products and features. They let you take your customers through your brand's story, whether in the background or by providing an experience they might not enjoy.
- However, they aren't as immersive as VR since they can only be viewed on mobile devices and don't allow users to control the direction they view them (as opposed to VR headsets).
- VR headsets let users feel inside the same room as the product by giving users full control over their view and making it appear like there's nothing in their surroundings. This creates an extremely strong connection between the customer and the brand!
The main takeaway of eCommerce is that AR/VR is a great tool for creating a more immersive experience. It allows you to visualize what the product will look like at home and display how it will look in a way that might never be feasible in the real world.
There are many ways to use AR/VR technology in your eCommerce website development. It can create a more immersive shopping experience and see areas and products in 360-degree and 3D video. The possibilities are limitless!
The potential for integrating AR/VR in eCommerce is immense. It could improve the customer experience, boost sales and increase awareness of brands. In fact, according to a study from Goldman Sachs Research, the global market for AR (AR) will be worth $183 billion by 2025. As more companies look into possibilities of integrating AR/VR on their sites, we suggest you also profit from this growing trend!
The possibilities for AR/VR technology to transform eCommerce are enormous. While technology continues to advance and develop, we will see a growing number of applications that retailers and web developers could benefit from. The main point to take away is that if there's a reason you are interested in exploring AR/VR, now is the best time to do so, and Acquaint has an outstanding team of specialists to assist you in creating your own customized solution.
What is an AR/VR eCommerce solution?
A solution for eCommerce that uses AR/VR is a platform that blends virtual Reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) technologies with eCommerce capabilities. It allows online merchants to offer their customers interactive and immersive shopping experiences. Through AR and VR, consumers can visualize the items in a virtual setting, try them on, or even check how they look in their real-world space before purchasing.
What are the advantages of utilizing AR/VR as an eCommerce option?
The advantages of an AR/VR eCommerce system include:
- A better customer experience technology provides an immersive and engaging experience that allows customers to interact with their products authentically and personally. This can result in increased satisfaction of customers as well as higher conversion rates.
- Improved product visualization through AR/VR: AR/VR allows customers to see the products virtually, giving them a greater understanding of the size, scale, and design. This reduces the risk of losing money due to unbalanced expectations.
- Virtual try-on and personalization: AR/VR lets users virtually try on items like clothing, accessories, clothes, or furniture. It also offers the possibility of customization so that customers can personalize items under their preferences and view the items in real time.
- Increased sales and reduced returns AR/VR solutions can reduce the number of returns due to low expectations by providing a more accurate image of the products. A more immersive experience and improved confidence in buying decisions could result in higher sales.
- Competitive advantage: Using AR/VR in eCommerce can distinguish your company from its competitors because it provides innovative and innovative shopping experiences. This could attract new customers as well as keep existing customers.
What kinds of businesses could gain from an AR/VR eCommerce platform?
Many kinds of businesses can gain from an AR/VR system, such as:
- Retailers of clothing and fashion Customers can virtually test out clothing and accessories or play around with different designs and styles.
- Furniture and home décor stores AR/VR lets customers visualize furniture in their space and discover how it fits and matches their existing decor.
- Brands of cosmetics and beauty Customers can try virtual makeup products, play with various shades, and see how they appear on their faces.
- Automotive industry: Customers can look through and personalize vehicles, see various colors and configurations, and test drive them in Virtual Reality.
- Jewelry retailers: AR/VR lets customers try on virtual jewelry items and check out how they look and feel.
These are only some examples; however, AR/VR solutions could be used in various industries where the ability to visualize and experience products is essential.
What features should I seek in an AR/VR eCommerce system?
When you are looking into an AR/VR eCommerce solution, the essential features to consider include:
- Realistic visualization of products The solution should offer realistic and high-quality visualizations of the products within virtual environments, ensuring the representation's accuracy.
- Virtual test-on capabilities: For industries such as fashion or cosmetics, the solution should allow virtual try-ons that allow clients to view how the products look in their surroundings.
- Customization options: If they apply to your company, the solution should include the ability to customize features, allowing customers to personalize their products according to their preferences.
- Cross-platform compatibility: The software should be compatible with a variety of platforms and devices, including tablets, smartphones as well as VR headsets, to be more accessible to a wider audience.
- Integration with eCommerce platforms: Ensure the solution is compatible with your current platform or capabilities.
- Analytics and data insights: Search for solutions that can track data and analytics, which provide insights into customer behavior preferences, preferences, and engagement.
- Support and Scalability: Think about solutions that can be scaled