The world is entering a new era for the IoT (Internet of Things). More and more innovative technologies and products appear in your daily lives. For example, the birth of 5G technology, smart home technology, self-driving cars, and many more. There are so many industries that can use the IoT. One of them that would benefit incredibly from this is the retail industry through electronic labels (ESL).
Electronic Labels (ESL) in the retail industry
ESLs are used by retailers to display price information on shelves and shelves instead of the traditional paper label. The application of ESL can improve the problem of errors, data breaches, and other problems caused by the manual replacement of paper labels. Electronic Shelf Labels Victoria can display product information clearly, conspicuously, and accurately.
Also, most of these are made of plastic, which makes them much more durable and difficult to damage, in contrast to their paper counterpart. The ESL battery can last up to 3 years and even more. These devices only consume energy with the data update process.
How do electronic tags work?
Electronic tags use an ultra-low voltage processor and low energy wireless communications thanks to the large number of labels needed in an average store and are made up of 3 parts:
- Label Management Program: Responsible for system configuration, label features, and cost list database update. They are talking about a centralized program responsible for the work and maintenance of the data communication network between the program and the terminal screen.
- Communication station: responsible for the balance and reliability of long-distance transmission from the program to the label.
- Electronic Tag: Functions as a receiver for the Communication Station and displays the cost set by the tag management program.
The tag management program parses and packages all product data and its values, configuring them into information packages. The data packets are sent to the communication station via a wireless network. Once ready, this data is sent to the electronic label to update the cost with this new information. Electronic Shelf Labels South Australia enables the cost to be updated once it is changed in the program. This is the fundamental difference and why electronic tags are an interesting product.
Advantages of electronic labels:
- Improves store image and customer satisfaction by reducing errors
- Reduces costs (labor cost, material cost)
- Very low power consumption
- It will always display accurate information
- You can update promotions on items in real-time
- Optimizes the customer shopping experience and helps build customer loyalty
Why are retail giants embracing this technology?
Let's imagine for a moment what the future of retail will look like production on demand, low inventory level, high efficiency, and fast delivery. With more efficient data entry, Electronic Shelf Labels Queensland can create the best sales strategy through the corresponding relationship between price and sales.
At its core, this is an IoT-powered data revolution. Looking to the future, ESL technology is greener than traditional paper, perfect for companies looking to reduce their carbon footprint. In addition, in today's increasingly competitive global business environment, retailers must invest more to provide a new and better shopping experience for consumers in the future.