Issues while working on the payroll function or updating the utility can lead to QuickBooks error 12002. This error code can occur when the application is unable to use the internet connection to perform the features. The error can get triggered due to many factors, like incorrect SSL settings. If you are getting the QuickBooks error code 12002, you can use the reasons and solutions given below to eliminate it effectively.
If you are having trouble understanding the steps or resolving the error message on your own, you can reach out to us at 1.855.738.2784 to get professional assistance from our QB experts.
QuickBooks Update Error 12002: Common Reasons & Causes
If you are getting the QuickBooks error message 12002, you might be facing the possible triggers & scenarios mentioned below –
- The SSL settings are incorrect or misconfigured, which is causing security issues while running QuickBooks.
- You are running the payroll updates by using a browser other than Internet Explorer, which is causing access issues.
- There is a network time-out error or freeze-out & outages while running the payroll updates in QuickBooks Desktop.
- Windows firewall or an internet security application is causing network issues, which is preventing QuickBooks from accessing the internet.
- Your Internet Browser settings are incorrect or misconfigured, which is preventing QuickBooks from downloading the payroll updates in QB correctly.
You May Read Also: How To Fix QuickBooks Error 15240
How to Reliably Address the QuickBooks Payroll Error 12002?
QuickBooks Desktop error 12002 can be easily terminated by using the solutions mentioned below –
Solution 1 – Include QuickBooks to the Firewall Exception List from the Advanced Section
You can troubleshoot the QB error code 12002 by including QuickBooks in the firewall exception list.
- From the Windows Start menu, search for Windows Firewall and go to the Programs and Files menu to select Windows Firewall from the top corner.
- Go to the Advanced Settings menu and select Inbound Rules to create a new rule for QB and select the right Port, followed by hitting Next.
- Ensure that TCP is chosen and the right port is selected for your QB version, followed by selecting the Allow a Connection option.
- Hit Next and checkmark all the profiles given in the pop-up window, and add a name for the particular new rule, followed by hitting Finish.
- Now, create Outbound Rules in the same manner, and once done, run QuickBooks and download the updates to check if the firewall obstructions are dealt with.
Solution 2 – Reset the Internet Update Settings from the Update Now Section
You need to reset the Internet update settings to run the QB updates without interruptions.
- From the Update Now tab, select Reset Update and click on Get Updates to download the latest updates, and if the updates fail, go to Advanced Settings.
- Now, select the TLS 1.0 option and deselect the TLS 1.1 option, followed by ensuring that the TLS 1.2 checkbox is not chosen and end the process.
You can use the solutions given above to easily address the QuickBooks error 12002. If the error message persists, you can call us at 1.855.738.2784 to get professional help from our QB technicians.
Recommended To Read: How To Resolve QuickBooks Error 15270