Issues while connecting to the bank account or accessing the bank’s website can lead to QuickBooks error 179. This error code can restrict users from logging in to the user account and can arise due to many possible triggers like, a damaged or corrupted company file. If you are getting the QuickBooks error code 179, you can use the common reasons and effective solutions mentioned below to address it effectively.
If you are having trouble understanding the steps or resolving the error message on your own, you can reach out to us at +1- 855 738 2784 to get direct assistance from our team of QB professionals.
Possible Reasons & Triggers for the QuickBooks Desktop Error 179
You might be facing the QuickBooks error message 179 due to the common causes & factors mentioned below –
- There are issues with the common reports and files in QuickBooks, and they might be improper or corrupted.
- The company files you are trying to access in QuickBooks are damaged, broken, corrupted, or missing from the system.
- Essential banking transactions are missing from QuickBooks, which is causing issues while running the banking functions in the app.
- You are using incorrect bank login credentials to access the bank account via QuickBooks, which is causing the 179 error code.
- Your bank’s website might be facing issues, and the banking server might be down or under maintenance.
Recommended to read : I am getting QuickBooks Error 6177
Steps to Easily Terminate the QuickBooks Banking Error 179
Error code 179 in QuickBooks Desktop can be effectively eliminated by using the solutions mentioned below –
Solution 1 – Mend the Windows Registry Issues by Accessing the Run Window to Run the REGEDIT Command
You can rectify the QB error code 179 by going to the run window and fixing the registry issues.
- Open the Windows Start menu to access the run command prompt and type the regedit command to run the registry repair.
- Once the black box emerges, select the key related to your error code and save the key information at an accessible location, followed by going through the on-screen prompts to select the file with the .reg extension.
- Lastly, log in to the banking website and run the banking functions to check if the 179 error message is rectified.
Solution 2 – Update the Banking Details in QuickBooks by Accessing the Online Center Tab
You can mend the banking errors in QB by updating the bank details in the following manner –
- Open QuickBooks and access the Tools menu to select the Online Center tab to go to the Financial Institution section.
- Select your preferred banking institution and press the Ctrl + F3 key to head to the online section and click on Contact Info, followed by refreshing the FI.
- Lastly, update QuickBooks and enter your login credentials to update the bank account and check the status of the 179 code.
You can use the solutions given above to easily eradicate the QuickBooks error 179. If the error message persists, you can call us at +1- 855 738 2784 to get immediate assistance from our technical support team.
You may read also : What is QuickBooks Error 3371 Status code 11118