Business accounting is a basic necessity for any organization to run and be profitable. QuickBooks helps its users with precise accounting and offers cloud storage to store the data. The software can create dependable reports after analyzing the data that helps users to monitor the health of their business. However, the software can get infected with random issues that can affect its efficiency. QuickBooks error 6123 stops users from opening the company file from the multi-user network. If this error also emerges in your QuickBooks while opening the data file, read this blog till the end to find out the reasons for its development and the appropriate methods to rectify it.
If the procedure seems complex, take help from a QB professional at 1.855.738.2784 to eliminate the issue.
The reasons you lost access to the company file due to this error are mentioned below-
- QuickBooks program files are damaged that cause issues while opening the file from multi-user network.
- The company file you tried opening has been damaged due to data corruption or malware attack on your system data.
- QuickBooks isn’t properly installed on your computer which caused damage to its files.
Applying the methods given below will help you rectify this company file error from QuickBooks-
Recommended To Read: How To Resolve QuickBooks error 1903
Solution 1- Repair the damaged Network Descriptor file and Transaction log file
The Transaction log file and Network descriptor files are used by QuickBooks to register business transactions and establish a multi-user network. QuickBooks requires these files to run smoothly and open the company file from the network. The software will develop errors if these files get damaged and fail to run in the software. You’ll have to recreate the files using the steps given below-
- Open the QuickBooks folder using file explorer.
- Search for files with similar name to the data file and extensions .tlg & .nd.
- Right-click any of the two files and select Rename.
- Type ‘.old’ at the end of the file name and save the file.
- Repeat these steps for the other file and try to access the company file in QuickBooks again.
If the software fails to open the data file, go to the next solution.
Solution 2- Repair the damaged company file
This error can also develop if the company file you tried accessing gets damaged in your system drive. A virus attack or data corruption in the drive can harm your company file and make it unreadable for the software. You needn’t worry as the company file data is intact and the file can be repaired easily using QB tool hub. Refer to these steps-
- Download and install the latest QB tool hub version on your computer.
- Go to the company file issues menu and select Run QuickBooks File Doctor Tool.
- Select the company file if it is present in the list or click on Browse.
- Enter the Admin account credentials of your QuickBooks to start the tool.
- Reopen the company file after the tool finishes.
The company file won’t trouble you again after applying these methods.
In this blog, you read about the circumstances that trigger QuickBooks error 6123 while opening the company file. The appropriate methods to fix the issue are also present in the blog which can make your QuickBooks flawless again.
Rectify the issue with the assistance of a QB support team reachable at 1.855.738.2784.
You May Read Also: How To Fix QuickBooks Error 15240