One of the trickiest things in life is trying to buy the perfect engagement ring for your partner. The jewelers will give you numerous options, yet you must pick one. Remember, the ring will reveal how much you value your spouse.
For this reason, you won’t go wrong picking diamond rings. Diamond is a high-value stone with an elegant sparkle. However, if you aren’t cautious, there is a possibility of purchasing a fake diamond ring. Here are tips for buying a diamond engagement ring.
Know the 4C’s
It would be best to learn the 4Cs before buying a diamond ring. The 4Cs include; carat, color, cut and clarity. They are the global standard created
by the GIA and used for determining the quality of diamonds. They can also assist you in comparing certified diamonds in Dubai. In brief, the four Cs include:
• Color: The color of the diamond is graded on a D-to-Z scale. D means that the diamond is colorless, while Z means it has a brownish or yellowish color. Based on color range, diamonds with less color are rare and in high demand.
• Carat Weight: The Diamond’s carat weight reveals its size. According to the experts, diamonds with a greater carat weight are more valuable and rare.
• Cut: The value of a diamond’s cut will determine how it interrelates with light. A diamond’s polish, proportions, and symmetry determine its scintillation, flashes of color, and brilliance.
• Clarity: The clarity of the diamond is determined by the absence of surface irregularities, inclusions or blemishes. Its clarity is graded on a scale from included to flawless.
Once you understand these 4Cs, you can determine which C is vital. That will guide you in picking the best diamond ring.
Select the Setting
When buying diamond rings, you cannot ignore selecting the setting. The setting plays two crucial roles: To protect the diamond from damage and to hold it in the right place. The existing types of settings provide different levels of protection. The most popular settings for engagement rings in Dubai include:
• Prong: This setting holds the diamond in place with four to six prongs (narrow metal support). Most jewelers use claw prongs to make it edgy and modern.
• Bezel: This setting gives the diamond the utmost protection. The jewelers will hammer a thin metal strip around the diamond to fasten it in place. It is the perfect setting for diamonds with sharp edges likely to chip.
Look for a Reputable Jeweler
Since a diamond engagement ring is costly, it’s sensible to buy it from a trustworthy jeweler. Opt for jewelers with professional training, ready to answer questions and reveal how to purchase a diamond in simple language. Jewelers with credentials from internationally recognized institutions such as GIA are the best choice.